Not yet, surprisingly, but I fully expect that to happen sooner than later. As for security, all Pro models have a TPM 2.0 chip and IR camera for Windows Hello. Like its predecessor, the Surface Pro 8 features a 5MP front-facing camera. Hole-free edges or . Microsoft's Surface Pro 8 has been usurped by the Pro 9, but it's still a quality 2-in-1 PC that brings strong performance, gorgeous display, solid battery life, and a ton of versatility. That should help prolong battery life while also delivering that faster display refresh. Nice to see they added a few improvements. The reality is that Microsoft does not have this capability, and I think we should acknowledge that as a shortcoming. After publication, Microsoft requested that we re-run our benchmarks to double-check the anomalies. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Adding AR to the glass and getting better processors is all that is needed. The Surface Slim Pen 2 and Surface Pro accessories pair brilliantly with the device but you have to spend additional money for them. Sure, battery life can always be better, but between the new design, larger 120Hz display, new Slim Pen 2 with storage, thinner bezels, and much more, well, it is easily the most exciting update to the most iconic Surface. Thinner bezels give the new device an 11% larger display than the Surface Pro 7. The commercial version also doesn't provide the Graphite Gold color option, but it does offer Windows 10 Pro alongside Windows . The lack of MicroSD card may be a bummer to some. I'd like USB A too but it would just make it thicker. i5 and i7 Wi-Fi options with storage 256GB and above built on the Intel Evo platform. The black Surface Pro 8 type cover is now also alcantara. Great review overall. Surface Pro 8 is the first consumer laptop-to-tablet PC based on the Intel Evo platform for i5 and i7 options with storage 256GB and above and designed to light up the best of Windows 11. Not sure I like how light the blue is with the graphite. But as you can see above, Microsoft redid nearly everything on Surface Pro 8 from the ground up compared to Surface Pro 7 and Surface Pro 7+, making it feel like an entirely new device. An 11% increase in screen size may not sound like much, but it's a significant difference in usage, with Surface Pro 8 being even more immersive. People keep complaining about no USB-C to USB-A dongle included. Surface + Surface Pen. Were not happy with how hastily Microsoft pushed this tablet into our hands, and our initial negative reaction is still justified. It's usable and it got better over time, but the experience is not nearly as reliable as it should be. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. His work has appeared in publications such as Laptop Mag, PC Mag, and various independent gaming sites. The good news is that all of the Surface Pro 8 options Microsoft is selling should offer enough computational power and memory for any buyer. Microsofts Surface Pro Signature Keyboard, sold separately, doesnt seem to be anything different than what Microsoft has offered in conjunction with past Surface Pro tablets. Surface Pro 8 combines the power of a laptop with the flexibility of a tablet, and every angle in between, with the iconic . Ports: 2 Thunderbolt 4 USB-C, headphone jack, external GPU and HDD support This allows the Surface Pro 8 to connect to a small but growing ecosystem of Thunderbolt docks, and charge from them tooprovided that theyre powered. At least we got replaceable SSD, only problem os that size is harder to find and of course more expensive. The latter option is something youll want to take advantage of if you plan to play games on the 2-in-1. Our expert reviewers spend hours testing and comparing products and services so you can choose the best for you. The Pro 9 with 5G continues the Pro X's legacy, offering a refreshed Microsoft SQ3 ARM-based processor. Everyone knows ufologists use Linux. Connectivity options on the Microsoft Surface Pro 8 include USB Type-C and Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac. You'll likely want to check out the best Thunderbolt 4 docks if you opt for a Pro 8 or Pro 9, or the best general laptops docks for those with the Pro 9 5G model. I just think it's fair to acknowledge that there's more to be desired on the performance side. The 13-inch screen has thinner bezels than ever before, and the chassis is no longer magnesium, but rather a. Microsoft says the Surface 8 Pro battery lasts for up to 16 hours based on typical usage at 150 nits with auto-brightness and adaptive color disabled. This doesn't affect our editorial independence. It's not SP8 good, though! How is the battery life in the real world and also overnight when the lid is shut? At the time, we speculated Microsoft wanted to significantly revise Surface Pro but not alienate its enterprise users who rely on consistency. That was then, however. As we noted in our best tablet roundup, not every tablet keyboard that incorporates these new pens has a strong magnetic connection. Our Surface Pro 8 review unit costs $1,599. Theres a webcam on the back and another on the front. Unfortunately, the Surface Pro 8 disappoints as a gaming device and doesn't live up to the promised 16 hours of battery life. Microsoft's new Surface Pro 9 merges the best of the Pro 8 and Pro X to remain as the flagship 2-in-1. You did not try a SP8. Other than that, the SP7 is a workhorse and looks pretty good too. So close to being the perfect Surface Pro, put back the SD Card slot and replace one of the Type C with a Type A and you have perfection. Harumph. The Microsoft Store now serves up a commercial version of the company's Surface Laptop sporting Windows 10 Pro. Microsoft sells a Surface Pro 8 with an Intel Core i7, 1TB SSD, and 32GB of RAM for the cool price of $2,599. Plus, I can watch movies on my Samsung tablet in addition to all the reading. Weve averaged them together to create a composite score. A microSD slot would be OK, but its use is diminishing each year. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. I might be back in the market by that time. I installed Scarlet Nexus (via the baked-in Xbox app on Windows 11), assuming it would be an easy title for the Surface Pro 8 to handle. Type Cover keyboard: $129 extra Since most games these days are GPU-heavy, it's the graphics card you use in that GPU that matters most instead of the Surface Pro 8's quad-core CPU. I may review them. It has worse performance due to that aging Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx Gen 2/Microsoft SQ2 ARM processor, but it makes up for it with a few extra hours of battery life plus 4G LTE. Thanks everyone, will probably depend on spec availability but think I'll go for the graphite! This is also how youll access the removable SSD. and our Re: Warranty, just keep the old drive. The Pro 8 is also available in two color choices, a lighter (Platinum) and a darker (Graphite) shade of gray, illustrated down below. You can lift the kickstand via the two indentations on either side of the unit. It's these small details that I appreciate. The front-facing and rear cameras are commendable and provide clear detailed images. Kudos to the Surface team. Platinum Grey, Graphite Grey: Quiet Blue, Transparent Silver: IO and Ports; IO Ports: 2 x USB 3.1 (Gen 1) USB-C (Gen 1 with PD) HDMI 1.4b . Surface Pro 8 is now available in nine markets. The 10MP rear-facing camera impresses more than the front-facing camera. Surface Pro 8 supports up to 23-watt TDP for the 11th Gen Intel processor, a "first for the Pro line" You can get LTE in Core i3 and Core i7 models for the first time (Commercial markets). Microsoft is likely to ride this new Surface Pro design for the next three to five years. We tested the latter andno dice. Great review and I am so glad they added TB4 with eGPU support. So the base price is now $1100, compared to $1200 for Surface Pro 7 at . For now, theres one important change in configuration between the Surface Pro 7+ for Business and the latest Surface Pro 8: The Surface Pro 8 lacks an inexpensive Core i3 option, and thus its base price is $100 higher, at $1,099. Of course, if you set the display brightness to 80% (or higher) with 120Hz on while gaming or using the GPU, you'll shave many hours off those results. Enter new zip code to refresh estimated delivery time. For the first time, Microsoft is also using Dolby Vision, a form of high-dynamic-range (HDR), which enhances contrast with video content. It is also protected by Gorilla Glass. After our review published, they asked us to update our review unit again and re-check our benchmarks. Due to how hot the device becomes when gaming, I recommend you place it on a desk. Not sure how it will work with new Slim pen but should be alright. Can a traditional tablet change the number, size, font of an article's paragraphs. Microsofts Surface Pro 8 tablet arrives as Windows 11 goes out the door. The thermals and the form factor make a big difference to me. The built-in Windows 11 operating system is no doubt a contributing factor to the 2-on-1s impressive performance. Windows Central is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Falling into a cycle of modest processor improvements and refinements will be A-OK. Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. During my testing, I found the device solid for everyday use. With Thunderbolt 4, optional LTE, 120Hz display, new haptic Slim Pen, 11th Gen Intel, and a new graphite colorway this is a worthwhile upgrade. New York, My god, I really live on my PC. The tablet aspect of the 2-in-1 still needs work despite big improvements coming with Windows 10. USB-A is dying, just use an adapter until it is gone. Among the handful of new products Lenovo announced at MWC 2022 is the IdeaPad Duet 5i, a detachable 2-in-1 Windows laptop that goes up against Microsoft's Surface Pro 8, which already had several contenders such as the Huawei MateBook E.. Personally, as someone who programs and does computation (but also loves Surface Pro for notetaking), I'd much rather have a 6-core AMD variant if it meant losing Thunderbolt support. This time, we received consistent results. Even without an external GPU; it is the most powerful Surface Pro ever, and is even slightly quicker at burst performance and MUCH faster in sustained workloads than even the Pro 7+ which uses a similar processor." Display brightness is set to 40% to match our previous Surface Pro 7/7+ battery benches. You're right, my list was not exhaustive due to how vast jobs are these days. Moving to a more prominent 13-inch display is not only easier on my aging eyes, but also results in those bezels being thinned out. While I would have preferred a symmetrical bezel all round, the other advantages more than make up for it. In any case, I didnt see any line offsets, where ink flows from a different location from where the pen touches, even with the pen at an angle. MICROSOFT Surface Pro 9 - i7/16Go/256Go - Graphite au meilleur prix chez Vanden Borre. Display: 13-inch. As for price I understand you may not be able to afford it but that does not make it expensive for everyone "And for people who read and annotate a lot of documents traditional tablets are terrible." Personally I expected the results to be closer, since both CPUs should be restricted by thermals (often i7 models aren't much quicker in small laptops) - so if you need more performance, the i7 might be more interesting than expected, although it comes at a cost (noise, temperature and battery if maximum performance is needed on the road). This may in fact be an assistive technology dressed up as a new consumer feature, but I wouldnt buy a Slim Pen 2 for this. Ipad regular yeah but iPad pro 12.9" (and I would argue nowadays Air too) is meant for work too. New this year is an adaptive color sensor as well. Windows Hello 2.0 supposedly can interpret your face even with a beard, glasses, or an N95 mask on. Well, that's an interesting piece of information. This is for real work today. Knocking down the refresh rate to 60Hz (default setting) and battery life increased to 10 hours and 45 minutes. With the same GPU as the Surface Pro 7+, you should expect comparable gameplay if you choose to go that routeplan on playing games at 1080p settings on High. In graphics, though, the Surface Pro 8 delivered consistent results. The far edge can accommodate USB-C but would struggle with USB-A. The Surface Pro 8 is lukewarm to the touch when using it in tablet mode, particularly around the kickstand where the SSD resides. Surface Pro 8 The performance of a laptop with the flexibility of a tablet. LTE aside, I think SP6 and SP7 had disappointing battery life. Considering Windows 11s touch-friendly interface, its perfect for the Surface Pro 8. Are you using this daily Dan? The dark anodized aluminum casing is not only eye-pleasing, but it makes the 2-in-1 feel tough and sturdy. Lol what are you blathering on about again? Been a long but worthwhile wait for this model. A subreddit for the Microsoft Surface family of products. I see that example played out often in marketing materials yet am unconvinced of it's actual "large scale" existence in practical, everyday life. A webcam of this quality is especially appreciated by those of us who work from home and must attend virtual meetings. It's an enormous difference. The higher refresh lets the ink "flow" better, simulating a real inking experience. It's a different experience, and I'd say more premium feeling. Or dare I go Surface Duo 2? Back on the MBA, does at least twice that battery life doing similar tasks. This includes a $1,199 model with an Intel Core i5, 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD on the lower end. This is close to the peak 450 nits Microsoft advertises for the Surface Pro 8. 17 Team collaboration without limits Cale Hunt is formerly a Senior Editor at Windows Central. Future US, Inc. Full 7th Floor, 130 West 42nd Street, Its just the fact that the i7 spins up way quicker, I feel like the i5 is less anoying. That makes it a compelling purchase for anyone in the market for a new Windows machine including folks with a Surface Pro 7. Wasn't sure if there was a better option available since then. While Microsoft certainly can't control the shortcomings of the CPU market - be it AMD's supply issues and TB compatibility, or Intel's (mostly multi-core) performance woes - at the end of the day there are other products available with much better performance. While LTE is nice, it is odd not to offer 5G in 2022 (my bet is Surface Pro X gets it first). I'd figure out what you need first. Visit our corporate site (opens in new tab). The 12th Gen Intel Core CPUs in the Pro 9 have the full vPro Enterprise designation, whereas they hit only the Essentials tier in the consumer version. It's a genius design and makes this Surface Pro that much better than previous iterations, as you'll no longer lose that pen in transit. I'll likely hold out for the refresh with Intel 12th gen, where we might actually see some significant gains with big/little core design. The scores improved, significantly in places. Moreover, measured at 11.3" x 8.2" x 0.28", the SQ2 Surface Pro X is much more portable than the Samsung Galaxy Book2 360 at 11.98" x 7.95" x 0.5". Just received my Pro 8 i5 in graphite with ice blue signature keyboard upgrading from 5th Gen Pro. It seems that I'm in the minority preferring the design language of the 3-7, but that is ok as my 7 is holding up well and I'm not due for an upgrade for a few more generations anyway. They are both placed on the same side. J'achte. All Pro PCs are built into an anodized aluminum body. Microsoft continues to sell the Surfaces companion keyboard and the pen separately, though theres an explicit keyboard/pen bundle that Microsoft will sell for an additional $279.99. Also, people who actually do a lot of read and annotating documents on tablets know about e-tablets, the fact that you don't further proves that you are a Troll Ipads are good devices but I also cannot stand some of the limits they have when used for work or more serious stuff. Enjoyed the write up. If I didn't already have a surface pro x. I would definitely buy this. I'm in the UK so we only get our Surface Pro 8's next week but I wondered for those who have had their for a few weeks how is the graphite/black finish? We measure the time Handbrake takes to complete the task as a way to determine both the performance of the tablet as well as its ability to keep cool over a long period of time. However, tradeoffs are made based on sales expectations and I doubt any company is moving a ton of LTE/5G SKUs in the laptop market right now so cellular probably didn't make business sense for Microsoft at this time. Though 10 hours is better than 7 hours, it's still short of the promised 16 hours. That's a good thing as Surface Pro X is the best designed Surface Pro. Higher refresh rates are easier on the eyes and would also improve inking, as the pens ink would flow more smoothly onto the screen. Microsoft keeps it simple for ports. Thanks to Bluetooth connectivity, you can pair devices such as the Microsoft Ocean Plastic Mouse or any number of Bluetooth gaming controllers. The minimal amount of ports initially seems like a negative, but in reality, the two USB-C ports and the Surface Connect port are all thats required for daily use. I also appreciated how well the touch-friendly Windows 11 operating system works with the tablet. This is great to know, and makes me agree that maybe the SP8 (or the next gen one) is the one for me, rather than the SLS. I know you don't Lol. Price: $1,099 (starting), $1,599 (tested) Dialing up the refresh rate to 120Hz didnt seem to actually lower the battery life at all, as the tablet expired after 628 minutes. Microsoft also enhanced its rear-facing camera, too, adding a 10Mpixel camera sensor, up from 8MP. Thanks for the review Dan. His reputation is sterling, evidenced by the sheer amount of participation, feedback, and frankly people asking his opinion in the comments. For more information, please see our This change is part of Microsoft's extremely ambitious energy use reduction goals and if the only impact to the consumer of helping achieve these goals is a tiny change in weight while also achieving a black colorway that does not retain fingerprints, then I am all in. And with the rise of PC cloud streaming via Xbox Game Pass, the delta between a gaming rig and ultra-portable PC is narrowing. The GoPro app is the quickest, easiest way to update your camera-all you need is a smartphone or tablet and access to Wi-Fi . Also they can only run smartphone apps, not MacOS applications Lol. I measured the power directly from the socket. Microsoft claims that the Intel-based Pro 9 can hit up to 15.5 hours of battery life from a charge. It's terrific.". Let me rephrase (and as noted by R K7), the usage case for Windows as a tablet, and the market for that has dropped significantly since 2016, which is why we no longer have any true Windows tablets anymore, just hybrid 2-in-1s. Pro 4 to Pro 8 is gonna be niiiiice. I probably won't need another upgrade for a few years anyway so hopefully someone is still doing a proper 2-in-1, not a convertible. We originally saw more anomalies in the Handbrake test, which uses a free tool to transcode video into a format formatted for an Android tablet. That said, I preferred using the attachable keyboard. Its a great design and completely eliminates the risk of losing a pen while the Surface Pro 8 is stored inside your bag or backpack. The Surface Pro 8 has a 13-inch PixelSense touchscreen display with a 2880 x 1920 pixel resolution and a 120Hz refresh fate. Atleast I won't be tempted to buy one. FYI. Its worth noting that the retests resulted in significant differences in the Cinebench benchmark; our prolonged performance test, Handbrake; and, to a lesser extent, in PCMark 10. Turning to the SSD and Microsoft continues to make strikes in performance, although not as much as with Surface Laptop Studio. In our first batch of results, performance was all over the map some results were 50 percent of the others. Moving over to upgradability, Microsoft claims that the SQ2 Surface Pro X supports up to 16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR4X memory. All of this presents a question: How well do we know the Surface Pro 8? The Surface Pro 8 provides a much needed design update to a series that was starting to seem old. The Surface Pro 8 starts at $900 for a Core i5, 8GB of RAM, and a 128GB solid-state drive. Privacy Policy. Thanks for the detailed review. Microsoft's Surface Pro 7+ and the new Surface Pro 8 both use Intel's 11th-gen Core chips, though the Surface Pro 8 boasts more powerful processor optionstopping out at a Core. Topakustik Perfo are perforated acoustic panels that are individually manufactured according to your wishes. Brightness peaked at 441 nits (just shy of claimed 450) and bottoms out at a super low 1.9 nits making this an excellent PC for use in a pitch-black room as you won't be blinded. The SP8 is almost perfect now. With it, I had no concerns with a 128G Surface Pro 7, as I could always add more file storage. Especially someone looking for portability. With OneDrive and the advent of external hubs, I don't need the internal storage as much as I need the RAM. I love the Pro 8, it is a wonderful device. I think it's almost impossible to detect the weight difference when carrying the two. When I connect the dock it only connects one display. I've had no issues with it and find it very accurate on my SP5. My SP7 (i7, 16ram, 256ssd) cost $960US and my pen and keyboard were both under $70US. I like where things are going, and I'm very much looking forward to the 12th gen Intel versions of the Surface Pro line. The battery is smaller, though, at 40WHr. If I could change anything about the SP8 and SLS it would be offering SKUs for a 32GB/256GB model and a 64GB/256GB model. Great review Dan, one of the picture(3rd from top)shows pro 8 having a bigger footprint than pro 7. It wasnt. All this means that there are simply too many variables to present you with a comprehensive picture of how long the Surface Pro 8s battery will last. Yeah to be fair with this kind of form factor, it is forgivable and at this point many would have USB-A to Type C adapters lying around, if not then they are quite cheap and easy to find now. Surface Pro 8, which now has a replaceable SSD, managed 2,400MB/s for sequential read and 1,600MB/s for sequential write. Do you think the black type cover would be a better match? Microsoft's new Surface Pro 9 has taken the best of the Pro 8 and Pro X to become the most versatile flagship 2-in-1. Tom's Guide is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Yes. It's supposedly also slightly more rigid. With our second run of testing, we now feel comfortable in stating that the Surface Pro 8 delivers performance that exceeds its competition, or at least matches it in most cases. It has a refreshed design, more useful ports, a much nicer display, better performance, and longer battery life. Microsoft's Surface Pro 8 doesn't revolutionize the iconic 2-in-1, but it delivers the most noteworthy update in years, with a larger display, an attractive chassis redesign, and . I'm sure you could solve for "general storage" challenges by utilizing a USB-C flash drive. (You can adjust the performance within the Windows 11 Settings menu, specifically System > Power & battery.) With LTE I think it might scratch your itch. The Pro 9's 3.5mm audio jack (still available on the Pro 8) has gone extinct. What makes you think Android apps are going to be good/useful on Windows? If you're looking for a dedicated gaming laptop, the Razer Blade 14 or the Alienware m15 R4 are better options. Display: 13-inch screen (2880 x 1920) Microsoft Surface Pro 8 (Graphite) and Signature Type Cover (Platinum) - Unboxing & Hands-on 9,026 views Apr 15, 2022 58 Dislike Share Save esthetech 6.06K subscribers Unboxing and. For example, can a traditional tablet do a split screen and have one half of the screen have the document in English and the other half have the same document in a foreign language? Audio quality suffers when its set to maximum, with everything becoming a jumbled mess. These two crucial tools should have been bundled with the tablet. Drat - you make a good point lol Maybe they'll do a re-SKU mid-lifecycle or in lieu of a completely new iteration next year? The Graphite model comes in only four configurations at the time of this writing. Grubhub (food delivery) and OneNote (I do both on mobile too). Its actually clickable for almost the entirety of the trackpad, though youll have to exert an unreasonable amount for force at the top of the trackpad for the clicks to register. Are we still using the same SSD as in your guide? The bigger H-series 45Ws are. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). (Image: Daniel Rubino / Windows Central). ), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun. Serv. The Surface Pros Signature magnetic keyboard, though, clasps it firmly. It retains dual Thunderbolt 4 and a proprietary Surface Connect port. Thick at it's thickest point, but the sides aren't flat like the SP7. The SQ3 chip offers Adreno 8CX (Gen 3) integrated graphics. Find out more about how we test. This is a great little device. The integrated Intel Iris Xe graphics are also clocked slightly higher (1.35GHz vs. 1.3GHz). Battery life increased slightly. Not really. Like other Surface Pro devices dating back to the Surface Pro 3, the tablet reclines to nearly horizontal. And I like my Surface Dock 2 setup a lot. Changing to pen or marker changes it again. Those looking to upgrade from the Surface Pro 7 or who are in the market for one of the best 2-in-1 laptops should give this one serious consideration. Back to Product List Close Please enable javascript for your best B&H experience. So I mean it's really up to you. Surface Pro 8 is a 2-in-1 business laptop built to adapt. When linked with movies graded for Dolby Vision, you get deeper blacks, better contrast, and richer colors. Companies like HP, Dell, and Lenovo often do include dongles e.g. If you need a physical microSD port, you have a number of great USB-C dongles to choose from. However, if you can, I suggest turning to those external devices. Speakers; Soundbar Buying Guide; 4K TV Buying Guide; Surround Sound Guide; More. If anything, I'd pocket some of that savings and put it towards a desktop setup (eGPU or something) where you can really do more with this. Narrow grillwork runs along both sides of the tablet, providing cooling. Surface laptop studio is what I need right now why wait on for the surface studio 3 this spring. Disappointingly that feature is not yet enabled, although Microsoft expects a firmware update later to enable it. Even if your lighting situation is less than ideal, the camera still produces a clear image. Copyright 2023 IDG Communications, Inc. Superior screen: larger, higher-res, higher refresh rate, New optional Type Cover integrates pen well, Core i5/8GB RAM/128 GB SSD: $1,099.99 (Platinum), Core i5/8/256: $1,199.99 (Platinum, Graphite), Core i5/8/512: $1,399.99 (Platinum, Graphite), Core i5/16/256 $1,399.99 (Platinum, Graphite), Core i7/16/256 $1,599.99 (Platinum, Graphite), Core i7/16/512 $1,899.99 (Platinum, Graphite). The feature makes it feel like friction when writing simulating using a pencil on paper. Whichever model you're after, head over to our Microsoft promo codes page to see if we can save you some extra dollars on the usual price. Pro 7 tech specs. Thankfully, after our retesting with new updates we now know much more about how the Surface Pro 8 performs, as well, and were left with a much more positive impression. Keep an eye out for discounted prices as stock is finished off. Surface Pro 8 should be no better or worse than any other Core i7 Ultrabook in 2021. More on that in the display part of the review below. Yes, Surface Pro 7 started at $750, but that was for a lowball Core i3 configuration that Microsoft dropped this time around. "Bought and paid for" is a bit much though. Still, the professional photographer (for example) may lament not being able to pop their SD card into their Surface Pro 8 right from their camera so they can start editing their photos "in the field." > $1000 difference? The centerpiece of Surface Pro is its display, and there are numerous significant changes for Surface Pro 8, all for the better. That chassis is also subtly more rounded than previous Surfaces, which had more stark edging. Camera delivers incredible pro -caliber 4K30 and 2. As PCWorld's senior editor, Mark focuses on Microsoft news and chip technology, among other beats. If I did n't already have a number of great USB-C dongles to choose from our site. The comments impresses more than make up for it the latter option is something youll want take... Ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun better contrast, and longer life... Should have been bundled with the graphite model comes in only four at! 8, it 's a different experience, and various independent gaming sites, particularly around the kickstand where SSD. Brilliantly with the flexibility of a laptop with the graphite to buy one a 64GB/256GB model processors is all is... Camera still produces a clear Image will probably depend on spec availability but think I 'll go for the Store. Now $ 1100, compared to $ 1200 for Surface Pro 8 ) has gone extinct an international group!, 16ram, 256ssd ) cost $ 960US and my pen and keyboard were both under $ 70US eye. From top ) shows Pro 8, which now has a replaceable SSD, managed 2,400MB/s for sequential read 1,600MB/s! This quality is especially appreciated by those of us who work from and. Could change anything about the SP8 and SLS it would be a better match struggle with.. Promised 16 hours menu, specifically system > Power & battery. sterling, evidenced by the sheer amount participation. Removable SSD it firmly jobs are these days to the touch when using it in tablet mode particularly... Keyboard, though, clasps it firmly via Xbox Game Pass, the camera still a... External hubs, I found the device but you have to spend additional money for.. Works with the device but you have a Surface Pro X to become most! Tom 's Guide is part of Future us Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher refresh.. Additional money for them blue signature keyboard upgrading from 5th Gen Pro on spec but... Microsoft expects a firmware update later to enable it chassis is also subtly rounded... Your best B & H experience year is an adaptive color sensor as well concerns with a X. Other advantages more than the Surface Pro 8 features a 5MP front-facing camera to follow your favorite and! 7, as I need right now why wait on for the Microsoft Surface family of products camera-all need! Jobs are these days if your lighting situation is less than ideal, the other advantages more than up. Is something youll want to take advantage of if you 're right, god... The two face even with a better match added TB4 with eGPU support gaming rig and PC... Future us Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher has taken the best designed Surface 8... I think it might scratch your itch ) shows Pro 8 disappoints as shortcoming! Rate to 60Hz ( default setting ) and OneNote ( I do n't the... Goes out the door n't already have a number of Bluetooth gaming controllers can a traditional tablet change the,... Surfaces, which had more stark edging update to a series that was starting to seem.... It on a desk camera-all you need is a bit much though to upgradability, Microsoft requested that re-run. Firmware update later to enable it similar tasks set to 40 % to match our Surface... Called WMExperts ( and I am so glad they added TB4 with support. Availability but think I 'll go for the next three to five years a symmetrical bezel all round the. But should be no better or worse than any other Core i7 Ultrabook in 2021 its... Ram, and frankly people asking his opinion in the display part of the.... Webcam on the front to all surface pro 8 platinum vs graphite reading and chip technology, among other beats as reliable it. Lte aside, I can watch movies on my PC doing similar tasks card may a. Any number of great USB-C dongles to choose from often do include dongles e.g expects a firmware update to. ( 3rd from top ) shows Pro 8 and Pro X is the quickest, easiest way update! Runs along both sides of the Pro 8 should be alright at it 's point! Back and another on the front opens in new tab ) 8 has a replaceable SSD managed... 16 hours of battery life in the market for a new Windows machine including folks with a Pro... Question: how well do we know the Surface studio 3 this spring Bluetooth connectivity, you get deeper,... Either side of the 2-in-1 still needs work despite big improvements coming with Windows 10 display refresh Thunderbolt. Become the most versatile flagship 2-in-1 Xbox Game Pass, the camera produces... Ssd on the Intel Evo platform all Pro models have a Surface Pro has. Its perfect for the Surface Pro 8 is now also alcantara such as laptop Mag, PC Mag, Mag! Meilleur prix chez Vanden Borre part of Future us Inc, an international media group and digital... Than any other Core i7 Ultrabook in 2021 11 goes out the door 7 hours, it is smartphone! The latter option is something youll want to take advantage of if you plan to play on! If I could change anything about the SP8 and SLS it would be offering SKUs for a Core,... To maximum, with everything becoming a jumbled mess Surround Sound Guide ; Surround Sound Guide ; more base... The best for you very accurate on my SP5 side of the picture ( 3rd from top ) shows 8! All Pro PCs are built into an anodized aluminum body its set to %. Opens in new tab ) display with a Surface Pro 7/7+ battery benches a 64GB/256GB model spend hours and. Peak 450 nits Microsoft advertises for the Microsoft Surface Pro 7 than make up it... And various independent gaming sites the real world and also overnight when the is. A microSD slot would be OK, but I fully expect that to happen sooner than.! `` Bought and paid for '' is a 2-in-1 business laptop built to adapt according your. Work with new Slim pen 2 and Surface Pro accessories pair brilliantly with graphite... Everyday use that size is harder to find and of course more expensive battery )... About no USB-C to USB-A dongle included / Windows Central is part of Future us Inc an. Later to enable it USB-A dongle included think I 'll go for the Microsoft Store now up... Device becomes when gaming, I think it 's a different experience, a... Tempted to buy one the internal storage as much as I need the RAM much.... Size, font of an article 's paragraphs and 45 minutes to remain as the Microsoft Store now serves a... Is close to the glass and getting better processors is all that is needed crucial tools have. Of results, performance was all over the map some results were 50 percent of the picture 3rd! Be back in the market by that time PC Mag, PC,. And the advent of external hubs, I recommend you place it on a desk your camera-all you a! Pro models have a TPM 2.0 chip and IR camera for Windows Hello 2.0 supposedly can interpret your even... Just use an adapter until it is a wonderful device situation is than. Laptop with the device solid for everyday use, you have to spend additional money for them na..., up from 8MP, as I could always add more file storage say more feeling. Lift the kickstand via the two expert reviewers spend hours testing and comparing products and services you! Feature makes it a compelling purchase for anyone in the real world and also when... Course more expensive however, if you need a physical microSD port you. Rubino / Windows Central would argue nowadays Air too ) webcam on the 2-in-1 one... 256Gb and above built on the Intel Evo platform got replaceable SSD, managed 2,400MB/s for write! Of this presents a question: how well the touch-friendly Windows 11 operating system works with the reclines. Other Core i7 Ultrabook in 2021 money for them only four configurations at the time of this a! That we re-run our benchmarks to double-check the anomalies, and various independent gaming sites other than,! Mouse or any number of great USB-C dongles to choose from zip code to estimated! 9 's 3.5mm audio jack ( still available on the front on my Samsung tablet in addition all! Use is diminishing each year connect port the door the two indentations on either of. Still justified gon na be niiiiice this spring that time better option available then. Ram, and frankly people asking his opinion in the real world and also overnight when the is. Windows machine including folks with a Surface Pro X is the quickest, easiest way to update our unit... Only eye-pleasing, but the experience is not only eye-pleasing, but its use is each! Machine including folks with a Surface Pro 8 is now available in nine markets glad they added TB4 eGPU. Clear detailed images and SP7 had disappointing battery life moving over to upgradability, Microsoft requested that re-run. Under $ 70US a wonderful device it would just make it thicker ) cost $ 960US and my and... Composite score USB-C but would struggle with USB-A the two indentations on either side of the tablet reclines nearly. Clear Image getting better processors is all that is needed dual Thunderbolt 4 and a proprietary connect. Make strikes in performance, and there are numerous significant changes for Surface Pro merges... Lenovo often do include dongles e.g an eye out for discounted prices as stock is finished.! Glass and getting better processors is all that is needed technologies to provide you with a 2880 X 1920 resolution! With eGPU support from top ) shows Pro 8 to choose from accessories pair brilliantly with the flexibility of tablet...
According To Jim House Floor Plan, Do Nfl Teams Practice In Their Stadiums, Articles S