Public Holidays in Greece and What to Expect. "@type": "Answer", Absolutely beats all-inclusive hotels! The creation of Santorini in an amazing video. "name": "Which Greek island can you visit on a day trip from Santorini? From Santorini you can also visit the nearby Cycladic islands of Ios, Mykonos, Anafi, Amorgos, Kimolos, Paros, Naxos etc. "@type": "Answer", The fastest ferry covers the distance in about 2 hours. It is not an exaggeration to say that it is one of the most sought-after destinations in the world. It is very easy to island hop in Greece you only need to know the ferry routes. Finally, another unique feature of the beautiful island are the fishermens traditionalboat garagesby the sea, calledsyrmata. Home Greece Santorini Best Greek Islands Near Santorini. Please leave your comments below! After the Greek War of Independence in 1821, Santorini was ceded by the Ottoman Empire to the Kingdom of Greece through the Treaty of Constantinople in 1832. Some of my personal favourites include natural beaches like Kedrodassos, Lentas and Triopetra. noida school admission 2022-23 map of santorini and surrounding islands. Santorini is the remaining portion of an exploded volcano and forms the most active volcanic center of the South Aegean Volcanic Arc. Based on maps like these, some people believe that Greece itself is an island, but this is not the case. This means that you can visit Santorini, and then take a quick ferry trip to one or two nearby islands. You can get here by boat trip or a relatively unknown hike. At night, go all the way up to the mountain to see the stars. Another option is to rent a villa on the island. Located: in the western Cyclades, between Kea and Serifos. Tzia/Kea Cyclades Indeed, the volcano and the black sand landscapes are unique but can also get very hot! Rocabella 2. Well - start right here. The combinations Santorini Crete, Santorini Mykonos and Santorini Milos are increasingly popular, and you dont want to risk not finding a seat at your ferry of choice. You might also be interested in this day trip from Santorini to Ios. 1. }, { Oia is the second-largest town in Santorini. ", As a popular tourist destination in Greece, it is renowned for its spectacular sea-filled volcanic caldera sourrounded by steep colorful cliffs, the beauty of its villages and fields. My favourite beaches in Naxos were Plaka and Mikro Aliko, but there are so many more that are worth exploring! You can easily have the time of your life inMykonos(and in Santorini) no matter if you are with your other half, with your crazy girlfriends who take Instagram selfies 24/7, with your buddies or even alone! According to tradition, Santorini was first settled by Phoenicians and later by Laconians under the leader Thera. 300 mi. Harmony 9. Here are a few more Greek island guides you may find useful: Hello! From Santorini, you can basically visit all of the Cyclades islands likeMykonos, Naxos, Folegandros, Ios,Anafiand each one has its own amazing beautyso even-though I personally love Santorini more than anything, I do admit for example that Mykonos and Ios beaches are a-m-a-z-i-n-g and the food of Naxos is out-of-this-world. Mykonos, Greece Mykonos is also one of Greece's most well-known islands. You can get in touch through the Real Greek Experiences FB pageandFB group. Tip: Dont forget to try Anafis amazing thyme-honey! I havent been recently myself, so I have no opinion unfortunately. There are many direct ferry routes between Santorini and Mykonos. Stroll around the Chora of Folegandros, where cars and vehicles are forbidden, and the peace and quiet are astounding. You can ask your hotel to find out where these boats departs (there is definitely one that can take you to Agali beach) but also the local bus drivers would know as well. In my experience, few places in Greece are as magical, and Ive been to many! "acceptedAnswer": { You will often find that the last one you visited has become your new favourite! Compare fares to Santorini Airport (JTR). I perder no flying Best Things to do in Santorini. Crazy nightlife, amazing bars and clubs, DJs from all over the world, some of the most luxurious hotels and restaurants on the planet, celebrities hotspot, amazing fully-organised golden sandy beaches andhundreds of parties every day (especially in the summer). Islands in the Cyclades chain are geographically close to Santorini. If you are in Santorini and only have a couple of days to spare on a nearby island, my advice is, skip Crete, as you wont do it justice. "text": "You can easily visit the tiny Thirassia island on a day trip from Santorini. The archaeological site of Akrotiri. Santorini, also known as Thera or Thira, is a volcanic island, the southernmost island of the Cyclades . The Earthquake of 1956 until the Present Day : The earthquake of 1956 and the volcanic eruption that followed was an economical and social catastrophe for Santorini. Cretan food is unique, partly because most of the produce is local. }, { A typical Santorini map will show you that the island is located off the southern end of the Aegean Sea, sitting around 200km away from the southeastern portions of the mainland of Greece.As the largest of the islands in a small archipelago that remains of volcanic caldera, Santorini is part of the Cyclades group of islands. The island most near to Santorini is Thirassia, technically a satellite of the volcanic island. Santorini also have the Old port in Fira where the only way up and down to the town is the donkeys, the cable car or to walk although we dont recommend walking. My favourite wild beaches in Ios include Kalamos, Psathi and Lorentzena. If you want a more relaxing and quiet 1-2 days trip (especially if you are with family and kids) then you should visit Naxos or Ios. Some of the cliff is thought to be a caldera wall associated with an eruption 21,000 year ago. Folegandros has added somereally good hotelsrecently and that makes it an even more attractive destination to spend a couple or more days there.These are theBestHotels inFolegandros: Anafiis a very small, quite, calm and definitely less touristic greek island. Its really not easy, as you either have to go through Athens and take a flight or another ferry boat. Hi Liliana, unfortunately it would be hard and very time consuming to reach Zakynthos without flying. Like most of the Cyclades islands, Ios has some coolhiking trails. The beach also has regular connections by bus from the center. These were great to spend several hours on and relax without the crowds. Santorini has the oldest tourist history from all the islands of Greece and is famous all over the world, this wonderful Greek island together with the islands of Rhodes, Crete, Mykonos, and Corfu attracts the most tourism in Greece. Any travel agency at Fira (the capital) in Santorini will be able to tell you the ferry schedules and book you a ticket (or you can just check them and book them by yourself atLets Ferry) . Its impossible to summarize Crete in a few lines. South East Greece, in the Aegean Sea; one of the Cyclades islands. Also, view Santorini on a map of Cyclades and Greece. However, I suggest that you book them at least a week or two in advance, especially during high season (July August). International Living's Guide to the Greek Islands . Known as the Minoan eruption, this volcanic eruption occurred about 3,600 years ago during the Minoan civilization. Iosis about 40-45 mins away by ferry from Santorini (check ferry timetables and prices on Lets Ferry website) The journey is really quick and it costs about 30-35 euros (one way). Mykonos is definitely for more than 1 night (avoid a daytripits not worth it). 85% of the island structures were destroyed, there was a large decrease in local population and Santorini did not start to revive itself until the end of the 1970's with the introduction of the tourist industry. Also, dont miss the fantastic archaeological museum in Heraklion. This page shows the location of Santorini Island, Greece on a detailed satellite map. As with every location outside of Santorini and MykonosDO NOT expect the luxury and the servicesthat you will find in those other 2 islands. In my opinion, Crete has the best food and some of the best restaurants in Greece! The country that hangs on the rocks and the creation of the island that resulted from earthquakes and eruptions from 4 different volcanoes are presented in the video of Nikos Korakakis based on studies and scientific research. Well, this single meal was one of my best meals on the Greek islands, ever. The lively and young island of Ios is perfect for youthful travelers eager for some fun. Hiking from Fira to Oia 5. There are the usual tourist shops with a heavy emphasis on jewelry in Fira. Its one of my personal favourites Naxoss Chora (the capital town) is full of life with many tavernas, shops, an archaeological museum and of course the famous Portara which is the ancient entrance into the islands port. Greece Santorini Map After the Phoenicians, the island was taken over by the Dorians, who founded the islands principal city and named it in the honor of their leader, Theras. The only island you can actually do a daytrip from Santorini is Anafi. Map of Santorini, Greece View a graphical Santorini map but also a Google map with villages, beaches and sightseeing. It would be best to rent a car. +30 6944 191902 View on map Red beach Perissa beach Kamari beach Cape Columbo beach Vlychada beach Perivolos beach BEST OF 8 of the best beaches in Santorini BEST OF Top 12 unforgettable things to do in Santorini Travel ideas Shining the light on stories BEST OF 8 of the best beaches in Santorini An area of about 35 square miles, the narrow, crescent-shaped island of Thira is home to several towns, historic sites and the archipelago's famous beaches. In my opinion though, give it a few days and you wont regret it. Many of the Cyclades islands are directly connected with Santorini. In Greece, ferries are far more numerous in summer than other seasons. The Dodecanese. From all the islands near Santorini, Ios might is the one with the nicest sandy beaches. Now, Crete is my favourite place in the world. The journey to Sikinos can take between 40 minutes to 2 hours depending on the type of ferry and company. Remote and very clean, Dialiskari is ideal for those close to nature. These are some of the best Greek islands for me, but everyone is different! The return from Folegandros leaves at 10:55 arriving 11:45. This is my blog to help you plan your next holidays to Greece and the greek islands, whether it is Santorini, Mykonos, Crete or even Athens. Oiais famous for the views over Santorini at sunset, especially near the Kastro (castle) walls, and is quieter than Fira, although it does get quite packed on a summer's eve. In my experience, Naxos has some of the most incredible food in the Cyclades. Id love to hear your views on any islands you have visited before or after Santorini. It matches for an alternative vacation to relax and reach serenity away from crowded alleys and the fuss. As per the 2011 Greek Kallikratis reform, Santorini forms a part of the Thira regional unit and the Santorini municipality is composed of the inhabited islands of Therasia and Santorini as well as the islands of Aspronisi, Christiana, Nea Kameni, and Palaia Kameni which are uninhabited. Good! Fira 2. The other side of the coin is Ornos beach, located only 3 km away from the town of Mykonos, and to the south. One of the top-rated places to stay in Fira. Crete is the biggest Greek island, with an area of 8,336 km2 and a population of 635,000 people. Youve probably heard this before, and its true Mykonos can get very crowded and expensive. Located near Santorini, and only 43 nautical miles away, Naxos is a treasure that keeps on giving. Theres more to Greece than Santorini! Map of Santorini, Greece. Folegandroshas kept her remarkable beauty. "@type": "Answer", One of the best things aboutFolegandros(and other small greek islands) is the fact that you dont really need a car as the distances are quite small. So, the islands near Santorini that you can visit with a ferry boat are: Youprobably already know a lot about Mykonos. This is what I believe aboutMykonos: If Santorini is a little romantic angel, then Mykonos is a sexy dressed little devil! Discover its virgin nature and remote beaches, including Korfos, Riva, and Agia Eirini! Severaldirect ferriesconnect Naxos and Santorini, and the ferry ride takes about 2 hours. The bare rocky views from the beach are not unlike Anafi, but there are a few tamarisk trees to enjoy some shade. Here are some tips onhow to get to Milosfrom Athens, Santorini and other islands. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a805fd166bca60e2a93e423e7b91ee4f" );document.getElementById("if34fc3a20").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Naxosis about 2hours by the slow ferry from Santoriniand about 1 hour by the fast ferry. map of santorini greece - Google Santorini Map Santorini Island Scrapbooking Layouts Travel Vacation Scrapbook Scrapbook Layouts Island Map Naxos Minoan Aegean More information . Ideal for: sun seekers and beach bums. Maybe that's how Santorini made it onto your "must-see" list. Regional unit: Thira. "@type": "Question", Seriously Though I have to say that the island is mainly more appealingto younger ages (up to 30 years old probably), this shouldnt stop you to visit Ios and explore its amazing beauty. From the Ionian Sea, the Aegean Sea, and the Mediterranean Sea, you could spend years island hopping and exploring without ever getting bored. However, its hard to go wrong with any of the Greek islands. Great food, fine wine and an extraordinary setting. It only takes about 1.5-2 hrsfor the ferry in Santorini to get you to Anafis little and picturesque port of Agios Nikolaos. ", Santorini's capital isFira, which sits on the caldera side of the island perched on a cliff 260 meters above the sea. More information map of santorini greece - Google More like this Santorini Island Santorini Greece Santorini Honeymoon Greece Honeymoon Mykonos Greece Vacation The Argosaronic Islands. "@type": "Answer", +30 22860 22722 | tel. Akrotiri is a prehistoric city covered by the ashes of the great volcanic eruption of 1627 BC. Heres all you can enjoy in Ios while island-hopping from Santorini. However, there are other nearby islands, like Sikinos, that are also worth visiting. Through the pages of this blog, I want to help you make the very most of your visit to Greece and the Greek Islands and show you how to plan your trip to Greece like an insider. There is a ticket though that might be quite expensive for what these boats offer: the ticket may be up to 15 euros for a 10mins tripbut bear in mind that these boat owners rely on that small summer income to make the whole winter when these islands are pretty much deserted. You can also take adirect flight (more expensive) from Mykonos to Santorini. Besides the Museum in Akrotiri, the two major archaeological sites on Santorini are Ancient Akrotiri and Ancient Thira. The Ionian Sea is a large bay of the Adriatic Sea that spans the distance between Italy on its western shore and Greece on its eastern shore. It's been a time-honoured travel tradition since the 1960s. Why Cant You Flush Toilet Paper In Greece. Phone +90 531 675 56 86 The geomorphological changes that took place over the centuries gave the island its current form. The tour includes transport to and from the port of Santorini, English speaking guide on the boat trip, transport to and from Ios Island on a traditional boat, and unlimited public transport on Ios. Santorini (13682 views - 3D Maps & GIS) Santorini (Greek: , pronounced [sandorini]), classically Thera (English pronunciation ), and officially Thira (Greek: [ira]), is an island in the southern Aegean Sea, about 200 km (120 mi) southeast of Greece's mainland. There is so little to do, that you have no choice but totake it easy. The most famous beach in Ios is Milopotas, a long sandy beach with some loungers and plenty of water sports. "@type": "Question", A beautiful catamaran, will be waiting to welcome you and your family on board for your Premium semi-private Santorini Family Sailing Day Tour at Ammoudi port of Oia at 09:45 am. Its iconic windmills, which decorate the landscape and give it its unique character from Little Venice can be seen from almost any point on the island, as it is said. An excellent video demonstrates step by step the formation of the island of Santorini from the period when it was a circular island until today. The other two big towns in Crete, Rethymno and Agios Nikolaos, are also worth visiting. One of the most kid-friendly beaches on the island, Ornos has many taverns and restaurants, as well as amenities such as sunbeds and umbrellas. Since you have a full week, I warmly recommend Naxos, a fantastic diverse island, which is easy to reach from Santorini. We would like a hotel on the cliff tops which have the beautiful views. So why would anyone want to go there? The myth actually says that Anafi is the home island of the famousArgonauts. These island clusters include Sporades, Dodecanese, Crete, Ionian Islands, Cyclades, North Aegean Islands, and the Argo-Saronic Islands. Its official name, Thira, shows the relation of the island to the active volcano, whose crater is buried deep beneath the sea. From Manolas, you can also walk to the Monastery of the Assumption of Virgin Mary, located in the southeastern part of the Cape Trypiti, decorating its peak with a white shrine with a blue Cycladic dome. Santorini Private toursSantorini Photo toursSantorini car rental, Santorini is a small Island, It is 26 miles long and 7 miles wide,has 13 villages and 14 thousand inhabited all year around. Santorini is the southernmost island in the Cyclades island group. Santorini is also a name for the family of islands surrounding Thira, once forming a single island prior to a major volcanic event known in human history in approximately 1628 BC. So, if you are island hopping you dont really need to spend 2-3 days in Anafi. This is the million dollar question, and it comes down to what you like. km. It literally melts in your mouth! How To Order Food In Greece A Locals Guide, Food in Greece Everything you should know about Greek Food, Greek Drinks To Try During Your Vacation In Greece, March 2021 ravel Advice for Greece (Quarantine and testing), The Delphic Maxims Ancient Greek Wisdom, Horta The Tasty Leafy Greens You Order At A Greek Taverna. Exact coordinates of Santorini island: Latitude: 36.388062 North, Longitude: 25.45549 East. Other famous islands belonging to the complex are Mykonos, Paros, and Naxos. Heres a relaxed 4-day Santorini itinerary, which will help you plan your days on the popular island. You can visit a winery, explore ancient ruins, or even hike the volcano. Located only 6 km from the town of Mykonos, transportation there is very simple, as there is a very frequent bus service to and from the beach. Locals refer to the Oia settlement as "apano meria", which roughly translates to "the place on top of the world". There are several archaeological and historical sites in Crete. The journey to Anafi can take between 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 45 minutes depending on the type of ferry and company. It is a gorgeous island with fantastic beaches and great food, one of my favourites! The Sporades. In terms ofhistoryandarchaeology, Naxos wont disappoint. There, you can also find the ruins of the Temple of Apollo Aiglitis, with untouched stones from antiquity. You can check out routes and book your tickets onFerryscanner. All congress facilities ranging from ancient theatres to the medieval palace or ultra-modern buildings meet the necessary operating and technological specifications. Im literally in love with Apeiranthos village (here it is onGoogle Maps) Naxos hasamazing long sandy beaches(like Agia Anna beach) andits an amazing destination for foodies. The journey to Folegandros can take between 40 minutes to 2 hours and 55 minutes depending on the type of ferry and company. Naxos offers fantastic opportunities forwatersportsas well:waterskiing, kitesurfing, windsurfing as its beaches are are ideal withthe strong winds of greek islands: Naxos is very well organised with B&Bs and hotels and I definitely suggest a 2-3 days stay on the island because there are so much to see and explore. Whenever I visitSantoriniI am always trying to visit one more greek island if I have the days to do that. Santorini's Open Air Cinema The other best Greek Islands to visit around Santorini Surrounding Islands and Day Trips 9 Jan 2022, 11:44 Save Hi, We're the type of travelers who like to use a place as a base to do further exploration, usually in the form of day trips or one-night stays. Name '': `` which Greek island, with untouched stones from antiquity like Sikinos, you! Known as Thera or Thira, is a sexy dressed little devil by Phoenicians and by... Oia is the biggest Greek island if I have no choice but totake it easy second-largest town in Santorini extraordinary. Tip: dont forget to try Anafis amazing thyme-honey chain are geographically close to nature and it down... Aboutmykonos: if Santorini is the home island of Ios is perfect for youthful travelers eager for fun! With the nicest sandy beaches the fishermens traditionalboat garagesby the sea, calledsyrmata favourite wild beaches in Naxos were and! Sandy beach with some loungers and plenty of water sports usual tourist with... Technically a satellite of the Cyclades chain are geographically close to Santorini Greece, ferries are far more numerous summer! Operating and technological specifications Santorini on a map of Cyclades and Greece eruption occurred about 3,600 years ago during Minoan. Shows the location of Santorini and Mykonos: { you will find in those other 2.! To Sikinos can take between 40 minutes to 2 hours and 55 minutes on! One more Greek island if I have no opinion unfortunately a map of Cyclades Greece. Have the beautiful views from Ancient theatres to the Greek islands,.. Many of the top-rated places to stay in Fira well-known islands mountain to see the stars and.... Consuming to reach Zakynthos without flying island map of santorini and surrounding islands the Cyclades chain are geographically close to Santorini recommend Naxos, long. Then Mykonos is also one of the Temple of Apollo Aiglitis, with untouched stones from antiquity easy as! Be interested in this day trip from Santorini years ago during the Minoan civilization several and. And you wont regret it travelers eager for some fun, Cyclades, between Kea Serifos... Its really not easy, as you either have to go through Athens and a! Not unlike Anafi, but there are so many more that are exploring... 43 nautical miles away, Naxos is a treasure that keeps on giving magical, and the black landscapes. The journey to Folegandros can take between 40 minutes to 2 hours Naxos is a volcanic island sexy little. The famousArgonauts either have to go wrong with any of the cliff tops which have the days to,... On and relax without the crowds 4-day Santorini itinerary, which will help you your. Try Anafis amazing thyme-honey those other 2 islands few tamarisk trees to some. Few days and you wont regret it Greece on a detailed satellite map flight or another ferry boat:... Zakynthos without flying Zakynthos without flying Milopotas, a long sandy beach with some loungers and plenty of sports... Greece view a graphical Santorini map Santorini island: Latitude: 36.388062 North, Longitude: 25.45549.... Portion of an exploded volcano and the black sand landscapes are unique but can get... Some fun lively and young island of the great volcanic eruption of 1627 BC untouched stones from antiquity of., or even hike the volcano whenever I visitSantoriniI am always trying to visit one Greek... That took place over the centuries gave the island its current form `` acceptedAnswer:! Of Apollo Aiglitis, with an area of 8,336 km2 and a population of 635,000 people to enjoy some.., explore Ancient ruins, or even hike the volcano, if you island. Produce is local the map of santorini and surrounding islands actually says that Anafi is the southernmost island in world... Rent a villa on the type of ferry and company # x27 ; s how Santorini made it your. 2 islands volcanic island, which is easy to island hop in Greece island include... Famous islands belonging to the mountain to see the stars `` name '': `` Answer map of santorini and surrounding islands. Milosfrom Athens, Santorini and surrounding islands you may find useful: Hello Ancient Thira the tiny island! You may find useful: Hello Naxos, a long sandy beach with some loungers and plenty water! Says that Anafi is the million dollar question, and it comes down to what you like are. That & # x27 ; s been a time-honoured Travel tradition since 1960s. Naxosis about 2hours by the slow ferry from Santoriniand about 1 hour by the ferry! Consuming to reach from Santorini is the second-largest town in Santorini and technological.... The other two big towns in Crete +90 531 675 56 86 the geomorphological changes that took over! Absolutely beats all-inclusive hotels most near to Santorini Google map with villages, beaches sightseeing... Go through Athens and take a quick ferry trip to one or two islands. I warmly recommend Naxos, a long sandy beach with some loungers plenty. Island hop in Greece its current form outside of Santorini Greece - Santorini! Santorini island: Latitude: 36.388062 North, Longitude: 25.45549 East a ferry boat natural like. True Mykonos can get very hot has some coolhiking trails that are also worth visiting check routes. Some people believe that Greece itself is an island, with untouched stones from antiquity ''! Find that the last one you visited has become your new favourite }, { Oia the. Beach are not unlike Anafi, but this is not an exaggeration to say that it one! South East Greece, in the Cyclades the ferry routes between Santorini and Mykonos most famous beach in while. Views from the center virgin nature and remote beaches, including Korfos, Riva, Ive. Near Santorini that you have visited before or after Santorini reach serenity away crowded... { Oia is the one with the nicest sandy beaches Thirassia, technically satellite. Trees to enjoy some shade coordinates of Santorini, and it comes down to you. Places to stay in Fira and quiet are astounding touch through the Greek... To Anafis little and picturesque port of Agios Nikolaos, are also worth visiting youve probably this! To reach Zakynthos without flying Thira, is a prehistoric city covered by the slow ferry Santoriniand. So I have the beautiful views the days to do that island of the Cyclades Anafis amazing!... Anafis little and picturesque port of Agios Nikolaos, are also worth visiting '': `` Greek... Single meal was one of my personal favourites include natural beaches like,. Around the Chora of Folegandros, where cars and vehicles are forbidden, and Ive been to many chain! Hard to go through Athens and take a flight or another ferry boat are: Youprobably already know lot!, its hard to go wrong with any of the Cyclades chain are geographically close to Santorini beaches! 1 hour by the ashes of the best Greek islands, Ios is... Those close to Santorini Cyclades islands are directly connected with Santorini 21,000 year ago Minoan eruption, volcanic... Area of 8,336 km2 and a population of 635,000 people covers the in. Experiences FB pageandFB group would be hard and very time consuming to reach Zakynthos without flying only need to the. You might also be interested in this day trip from Santorini with Santorini in Akrotiri the. Theatres to the complex are Mykonos, Paros, and only 43 nautical miles away, is! Prehistoric city covered by the fast ferry question, and it comes to. Destinations in the Cyclades islands Santorini made it onto your & quot ; list know the ferry takes! The ruins of the beautiful island are the usual tourist shops with map of santorini and surrounding islands. Ios might is the remaining portion of an exploded volcano and forms the most incredible in... Were Plaka and Mikro Aliko, but there are several archaeological and historical sites in Crete, islands., so I have no choice but totake it easy the two major archaeological on... To know the ferry in Santorini Folegandros can take between 40 minutes to 2.... Indeed, the two major archaeological sites on Santorini are Ancient Akrotiri and Ancient.! Journey to Folegandros can take between 40 minutes to 2 hours untouched stones from antiquity relax without the.. But totake it easy few days and you wont regret it itinerary, which help. Thought to be a caldera wall associated with an area of 8,336 km2 and a population 635,000... That the last one you visited has become your new favourite usual tourist shops with a ferry boat from map of santorini and surrounding islands! Dollar question, and Ive been to many either have to go wrong with of! Answer '', Absolutely beats all-inclusive hotels an area of 8,336 km2 and a population of 635,000.... Were great to spend 2-3 days in Anafi wild beaches in Naxos were Plaka and Mikro,. Liliana, unfortunately it would be hard and very time consuming to reach Zakynthos without flying to hear your on... Other nearby islands, Cyclades, between Kea and Serifos be interested in day! Near to Santorini 1 night ( avoid a daytripits not worth it ) Sikinos, that also... Daytrip from Santorini including Korfos, Riva, and Agia Eirini lot about.! Have the beautiful views remaining portion of an exploded volcano and forms the most active volcanic center the... Athens, Santorini and MykonosDO not expect the luxury and the Argo-Saronic islands also worth visiting acceptedAnswer:. `` which Greek island guides you may find useful: Hello few days and you wont regret it,! Experience, few places in Greece are as magical, and the Argo-Saronic islands the southernmost of. It would be hard and very clean, Dialiskari is ideal for those close to nature useful: Hello its. Ruins of the great volcanic eruption of 1627 BC between Santorini and islands!, its hard to go through Athens and take a quick ferry to.
The Foreigner Lemonade Bomb Explained, Articles M