The Galesburg Silver Streaks boys basketball team plays host to the Alleman Pioneers in Western Big 6 Conference play at John Thiel Gym. He, made critical free throws in the Springfield and Belleville games to help us win. Proudlycreated with. On 1/13, the Galesburg varsity basketball team lost their away conference game against Quincy (IL) by a score of 76-31. Illinois College began pulling away again early in the second half and cruised to victory. Dale Kelley Published in The Burg June 2021 The 1965-66 Galesburg High School Silver Streak basketball team started the season remembering the 1964-65 sectional loss to Quincy High School. It gave me confidence. Sean Gallery added 11 points and eight rebounds. I love both he and Gail and throughout the years thought about his never give up attitude as I pursued my ordination as a United Methodist Minister. Durch Klicken auf Alle akzeptieren erklren Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass Yahoo und unsere Partner Ihre personenbezogenen Daten verarbeiten und Technologien wie Cookies nutzen, um personalisierte Anzeigen und Inhalte zu zeigen, zur Messung von Anzeigen und Inhalten, um mehr ber die Zielgruppe zu erfahren sowie fr die Entwicklung von Produkten. We could gamble a lot on defense because we knew Bob was there. The Galesburg Silver Streaks boys basketball team battled hard against the Morton Potters in a non-conference game at John Thiel Gym, but lost 75 61. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." The determination to show the Silver Streaks could become. Galesburg holds a 4-3 mark in league play and is 16-4 overall. Tbilisi-Galesburg ticket prices, all discounts and special offers from airlines are on the KissAndFly.ng The former Galesburg Silver Streaks player and assistant coach was hired by the District 205 board Thursday in a special session as Galesburg High School's new boys basketball coach. 22-23 V. Basketball. Jan. 8: Galesburg 57, Peoria Manual 26, Sat., Jan. 22 vs. Peoria, 1:30 p.m. (Downstate Classic), Sat., Jan. 22 vs. Morton, 6 p.m. (Downstate Classic). Although Roland did not get the opportunity to play much his junior and senior year his skill as a, player exceeded most players. Volunteer Schedule last updated on Jan 14, 2023 @ 2:15am (GMT) Quick comment: Dale Kelley's performance at the 1966 Tournament makes him, in my book, the best Silver Streak of all time. 181 talking about this. The Effingham Flaming Hearts were the top-ranked team in the State all season long in 1968. In November, Galesburg suffered a 61-36 loss to Moline at John Thiel Gym, and it was the Streaks' first defeat in the 2021-22 season. On 12/17, the Galesburg varsity basketball team lost their away non-conference game against North Scott (Eldridge, IA) by a score of 61-57. Video Center. Not yet, says the city, Galesburg Council passes resolution directing Community Center bond sale, Warrant issued; Galesburg man facing attempted murder charges for Monday shooting. We started winning when Thiel inserted him in the starting line-up. The Galesburg girls basketball team plays next on Saturday afternoon against Peoria Manual. SIGN IN. Now comes the challenge. As a result of the, individual contributions of the team, I became a better ballplayer, a better teammate and overall a better person. Dale Kelley Reflects on Silver Streak 1965-66 Basketball Team, 2020 by John Henderson. Undefeated, they met the Thielmen in the quarterfinals and Galesburg obliterated them. No result has been reported for the Galesburg varsity basketball neutral tournament game vs. . Dec. 18: Galesburg 62, Bloomington 39 (Streaks Invite), Mon., Dec. 27: Galesburg 65, Altamont 56 at Mattoon Holiday Tourney, Mon., Dec. 27: Galesburg 57, Richland County 31 at Mattoon Holiday Tourney, Tue., Dec. 28: Galesburg 57, Effingham St. Anthony 33 at Mattoon Holiday Tourney, Tue., Dec. 28: Mahomet-Seymour 39, Galesburg 34 at Mattoon Holiday Tourney, Wed., Dec. 29: Galesburg 61, Richland County 34 at Mattoon Holiday Tourney (3rd place game), Tue., Jan. 4: Galesburg 51, Rock Island 41, Sat. And that was without the benefit of a three-point shot. Visit the Galesburg High School Spirit Wear Shop on Prep Sportswear today! Fr nhere Informationen zur Nutzung Ihrer Daten lesen Sie bitte unsere Datenschutzerklrung und Cookie-Richtlinie. Proudlycreated with. He is also the smartest teammate I have ever had. The Galesburg girls basketball team plays next on Saturday afternoon against Peoria Manual. He could destroy the other teams whole offense with his quickness and it was no point in the other team trying to press us he was too quick. Thiel's genius game plan against the undefeated Rocks Coach John Thiel packed his five starters in a rented Buick for the trip up to Rock Island against the vaunted, Don Nelson-led Rock Island Rocks who were also top-ranked and undefeated in 1957. Performance & security by Cloudflare. 2020 by John Henderson. The Silver Streaks did so against the Rock Island Alleman Pioneers, and Galesburg ended up with a 76-34 win in Western Big 6 action at John Thiel Gym. Dexter, Bernie Cowan. Brad Bennewitz and Jason Wessels bring you the action at 1:10 for the pre-game and a 1:30 tip on 93.7 FM, 1400 AM WGIL and wgil.com. Conditioning showed as the Silver Streaks. There are multiple sports offered for the students of Galesburg High School. After the game, Bob Jasperson assembled Barry Swanson, Terry, Childers, and myself to encourage us and stated that the Silver Streaks would not end the next, season with a sectional loss. Your IP: Silver Streak guard Dale Kelley's back to back games against Benton and Belleville-- in the quarterfinals and semi finals-- were incredible. The Streaks improve to 12-3 on the season. He made second team all-tournament team in Champaign and, never got into the championship game. The Galesburg High School athletic teams compete in the IHSA Western Big 6 Conference, with the team name "Silver Streaks" and team colors of black, gold, and silver.The Silver Streaks moniker refers to the CB&Q streamlined Pioneer Zephyr, a high-speed train that ran through Galesburg from 1934 to 1960.. 2007 diploma controversy. Cloudflare Ray ID: 78b95d52d8642d16 Morton Potters takes on Galesburg Silver Streaks in a Boys Basketball game.Live stream https://bit.ly/3ZoDl3rThe Galesburg (IL) varsity basketball team ha. Photo Galleries. Sports. Sports. "Weve become more consistent I think and thats a big difference for us.. And to make matters worse, the Knights were returning the bulk of that team the next year. He was a one-man gang and powered Galesburg to 73-70 and 65-64 wins over the two Southern Illinois basketball powers in the state tournament. Brad Bennewitz and Jason Wessels bring you the action at 7:10 for the pre-game and a 7:30 tip on 93.7 FM, 1400 AM WGIL and wgil.com. Great teammate! The Streaks simply ran out of gas. Nov. 27: Galesburg 72, Champaign Centennial 35 (Turkey shootout), Sat., Dec. 4: Galesburg 64, United Township 31, Sat., Dec. 18: Galesburg 71, Burlington (Iowa) 23 (Streaks Invite), Sat. QHS Blue Devils Ready To Face The Galesburg Silver Streaks Tonight On The WB6 Hardwood Latest News WGEM Sports At Six: Friday (January 13) QHS Blue Devils In Search Of Their 10th Home Win Of The Season Tonight As They Host Galesburg Updated: 21 hours ago Everyone-- especially the experts-- picked Pekin to meet Galeburg in the championship game in the 1964 tournament. And Massey can't say if Galesburg's offense or defense is better at the moment. Sie knnen Ihre Einstellungen jederzeit ndern. Following that presentation, Kierra Kilgore lit up the scoreboard and played an incredible game, becoming the Daves Auto Body Crunch Time Player of the Game. MY SUCCESS AND PLAYING AGAINST HIM IN THE SUMMER MADE ME BETTER. Varsity Boys Basketball. The Streaks are 6-15. Dies geschieht in Ihren Datenschutzeinstellungen. Thanks to Chauncey Last Chance Kenney, Thiel got to scout Effingham as Kenney flew him to one of their games. The Fighting Scots (10-6, 6-1) put four players in double figures as they won their fourth straight game. THE BEST PLAYER I EVER PLAYED AGAINST IN HIGH SCHOOL! Quincy had defeated us during the regular season and during our trip to the state final Bob completed shut down their top big man. The Galesburg Community Arts Center will be celebrating their 100th anniversary this year. GALESBURG With a 23-8 record in his first year as a varsity coach, Chad Thompson's debut as Galesburg Silver Streaks boys basketball coach was pretty impressive. Good defensive player and rebounder. Follow the link to read our updated Privacy Policy. Knox Women stay undefeated in MWC, beat IC 72-68, Harlans Double Double Helps Scots Beat Rams, Metcalf, Williams Both Score 20 in Saturday Win over Ripon, Knox Mens and Womens Basketball Picks Up Victories at Beloit, Wall Leads Four in Double Figures but Scots Fall to Ripon, Galesburg Community Art Center Is Busy In The Midst Of Renovations. The game wasn't even close. Some of then were wins, one was a brutally hard loss. On 1/14, the Galesburg varsity basketball team won their home non-conference game against Rantoul (IL) by a score of 77-46. Login . Nov. 27: Galesburg 73, Peoria Manual 48 (Turkey shootout), Sat. Official page for Galesburg High School Boys Basketball. I could see it in his eyes that he never thought. Silver Streaks tradition reigns at the . He is the best 63 ballplayer I have ever played with even those in college. Great teammate! And hold the ball some more. The Streaks' seven seniors Jeremiah Babers, Alex and Dre Egipciaco . All of them were games played during the state tournament. The Streaks are now 6-16 on the season. Galesburg Silver Streaks Varsity Boys Basketball Galesburg, IL 22-23 V. Basketball Home Schedule Roster Standings Rankings Photos Videos News More / Galesburg High School Basketball Galesburg Basketball OVERALL 5-15 0.25 Win % CONFERENCE 2-5 6th Western Big 6 HOME3-5 AWAY1-6 NEUTRAL1-4 PF1080 PA1240 STREAK2L Contribute to the Team CAMP POINT, IL 1 DAY AGO muddyriversports.com Stat keeping for basketball teams. Call us! Game Day Galesburg vs Quincy Silver Streaks @ Blue Devils http://tv15.cbs-sportsonline.com/hsbasketball.php The Quincy (IL) varsity basketball team . The Blueboys jumped out to a 17-2 lead early in the first half, but Knox chipped away at the lead and trailed 44-33 heading into halftime. H-W Photo/Brooke Beeler. The Galesburg Silver Streaks boys basketball team plays the first of two in the Martin Luther King Tournament at John Thiel Gym against the Gary Comer Prep Catamounts. He was determined that we would not lose; he sacrificed his body and, played with a passion that was totally amazing. His dribbling, was unsurpassed as we went into a stall in several games. Steve was always dependable and seldom made any mistakes. Effingham was big, tall and slow. Basketball team of Galesburg, Illinois, and dedicate this article to the members of the team. The Galesburg (IL) varsity basketball team has a home non-conference game vs. Morton (IL) today @ 7p.#IllinoisHighSchoolBasketball #GalesburgSilverStreaksBas. They have numerous activities still happening during the major renovation they are undergoing. Tavie Smith, Richwoods boys basketball Smith scored a game-high 31 points as Richwoods cruised to a 70-54 win over Manual last Tuesday. From then on, the Streaks controlled the game to cruise to a victory on the road. 800-290-4726. Well have two tough road games with (Moline) and then going down to Lincoln. The Streaks blew them away 83-52 and sailed into the semi finals. For some key shots as well as great passing and ball movement, Nolan Carl was named the Daves Auto Body Crunch Time Player of the Game. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. His skills were unbelievable. Kelley scored 37 points in each game. Next up for the Silver Streaks is a Western Big 6 match-up with Moline. Dale Kelley Reflects on Silver Streak 1965-66 Basketball Team By Rev. Tom Meredith and Erik Gibson will bring you the action with a 12:40 pre-game and 1:00 scheduled tip on 93.7 FMand 1400 AM WGIL and wgil.com. Skip to main content. GALESBURG Galesburg High School boys basketball coach Chad Thompson has had some time to reflect on his first season at the helm. I am so grateful to God that He gave me teammates that shared a common dream. Despite fouling out in the 4th quarter, she scored nearly half of the Streaks total points at 33, as well as getting 10 rebounds, 6 steals and 5 assists. After fifty years (50) from the last game that I played as a Silver Streak, I reflect back, and acknowledge that the success of the 1965-66 team and my success and all the awards I, received was the result of the collective efforts and talents of the entire team. The Pioneers have struggled to an 0-24, 0-12 record. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. In response to many families cheering too loudly and . Your IP: ", Tue., Nov. 16: Galesburg 66, Limestone 49, Sat., Nov. 20: Galesburg 55, Springfield 32, Sat. In the title game against Thornton he struggled but back then if you were in the lower bracket, you played three games within 24 hours. On 1/14, the Galesburg varsity basketball team won their home non-conference game against Comer (Chicago, IL) by a score of 79-50. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. JACKSONVILLE, Illinois The Prairie Fire womens basketball team improved their Midwest Conference record to 7-0 with a 72-68 victory over Illinois College on Tuesday. Had to learn to protect the ball otherwise he would have it. Silver Streaks Basketball | Galesburg IL Galesburg hits the road for both affairs, and the Streaks will face the Moline Maroons (12-8) in a Western Big 6 Conference affair first. The Galesburg High School athletic teams compete in the IHSA Western Big 6 Conference, with the team name "Silver Streaks" and team colors of black, gold, and silver.The Silver Streaks moniker refers to the CB&Q streamlined Pioneer Zephyr, a high-speed train that ran through Galesburg from 1934 to 1960.. The Silver Streaks are scoring an average of just over 57 points per game, and they're allowing foes to net an average of just over 37 points per contest so far this season. Terry helped us beat Benton with his all- around play. That's good enough for me. Theyre ranked sixth in the state (in Class 3A) right now," Massey said. champions in the 1965-66 started the evening of the sectional loss to Quincy. Streaks Girls Basketball to provide info about present and past Streaks teams. GALESBURG The Galesburg High School girls basketball team didn't look back from the get-go in its first of three games this week. Listen to a replay of the game broadcast with the player below: And on that 45 minute ride to Rocky, Thiel hatched his famous game plan. Thiel had told his team that if Rocky took a six-point lead, The Stall would be called off. On 12/28, the Galesburg varsity basketball team won their neutral tournament game against Taylorville (IL) by a score of 66-49. Many that you will recall some that are not mentioned: Joey Range's record setting scoring game in 1998 in Bloomington, the championship losses to Thornton and Proviso East, the five-overtime game against Morton, the Proviso East-Galesburg battle during the regular season in 1969, Grant Gibson's 50-point explosion his senior season, the game Eric Johnson passed Dale Kelley as the all-time leading scorer in GHS history and, of course, Kelley's epic explosion against Rock Island in 1966 in which he scored 52 points-- without the aid of a three-point basket. Pro Photography. 208.113.196.5 Steve deserved special mention since Barry, would frequently foul out of a game. But, in the interests of space and a word limit, I controlled it to just five. Leon and Eugene have, unique skills and they would become better as they worked at it. Tom Meredith will bring you the action with the pre-game at 6:40 and a 7:00 tip on 93.7 FM & 1400 AM WGIL and wgil.com. Steve always performed at a high level once he got into the, game. Keep up with Galesburg High School sports with football jerseys, baseball jerseys, and Silver Streaks fan apparel for baseball, basketball, soccer, softball, volleyball, and more. They were natural rivals and were regarded as the best teams in the State. Galesburg Silver Streaks 31. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. Dies geschieht in Ihren Datenschutzeinstellungen. On 12/21, the Galesburg varsity basketball team lost their home non-conference game against Danville (IL) by a score of 66-59. Sat., Jan. 29 vs. United Township, 1:30 p.m. Matthew Wheaton can be reached at (309) 315-6073 or at mwheaton@register-mail.com. There were other members of, the team that did not make the tournament ten but made great contributions during the season. The 1965-66 Galesburg High School Silver Streak basketball team started the season remembering the 1964-65 sectional loss to Quincy High School. Thank you! Isaiah Lockett led Knox with a career-high 29 points, hitting 7-of-9 from long-range and 10-of-16 overall. On 12/28, the Galesburg varsity basketball team lost their neutral tournament game against Mt. Thank you! MONMOUTH, ILL. (01/14/2023) The Monmouth College womens basketball team fell at home to Ripon College 80-66 on Saturday. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. We believed in each other and dreamed we could beat anyone. God game me some great teammates and below are their contributions to the 65-66 season: Our inspiration leader! Galesburg, IL. The 1965 -66 Silver Streak Basketball season started with six (6) wins, followed by two (2) losses in a row to Quincy and Marshall. Quick comment: I have spoken with several Streaks who played that game-- Callahan, Frank. Explore and purchase photos of your local teams. From the. On 12/27, the Galesburg varsity basketball team lost their neutral tournament game against Dunlap (IL) by a score of 60-58. Rev. From the collective efforts of the Silver Streak Team, and my determination to, continue to play in the sport; I took what I had learned as a Silver Streak to Northwestern, University. They really took it to us the first game so its definitely a game that were going to have to play a lot better and play well in order to compete with them," Galesburg coach Evan Massey said Tuesday morning. At one point, the Public League champions who have yet to lose to a team from Illinois had. But the Regional Championship was in Galesburg though, at that time, it didn't seem to matter much. The Streaks are 5-15 on the season. On 12/13, the Galesburg varsity basketball team lost their away non-conference game against Burlington (IA) by a score of 67-58. On 12/16, the Galesburg varsity basketball team won their away conference game against Geneseo (IL) by a score of 68-36. The Galesburg Silver Streaks girls basketball team will take their long Western Big 6 Conference trip to play the Quincy Blue Devils. Galesburg Silver Streaks 1969 13,899 views Aug 12, 2011 59 Dislike Share Save NBZS99 330 subscribers High School Basketball December 1969 - Galesburg Silver Streaks play Pekin. The Streaks came away with the win, 65-40, and are now 17-4 overall and 5-2 in the conference. about losing. Listen to a replay of the game broadcast with the player below: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 15_5 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) GSA/219.0.457350353 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1, http://www.wgil.galesburg.info/sports/010523ghsgirlsvssterling.mp3, Galesburg Silver Streaks Girls Basketball, Illinois 116 near St. Augustine expected to see lane closures for Thursday and Friday, Can you ride Uber in Galesburg? * * * * * * * *. Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 15_5 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) GSA/219.0.457350353 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1, Illinois 116 near St. Augustine expected to see lane closures for Thursday and Friday, Can you ride Uber in Galesburg? Thiel Gym was packed to the gills that night for a classic basketball game. Following last weeks Mattoon Holiday Tournament, the Galesburg Silver Streaks girls basketball team returned to John Thiel Gym Thursday (1/05) night to host the Sterling Golden Warriors in a Western Big 6 Conference match-up. Galesburg Basketball Schedule Print OVERALL 5-15 0.25 Win % CONFERENCE 2-5 6th Western Big 6 HOME3-5 AWAY1-6 NEUTRAL1-4 PF1,080 PA1,240 STREAK2L Ways you can help Make an impact on this team, and help keep MaxPreps up-to-date. For 1st time, 3 head coaches all GHS graduates. Schedule - Galesburg Silver Streaks Boys Basketball - Galesburg, IL - scorebooklive.com Galesburg Silver Streaks Varsity Boys Basketball Galesburg, IL School Hub Clubhouse Schedule Roster Coaches JV Team Freshman Team An ad blocker has likely prevented this video content from loading. Not yet, says the city, Galesburg Council passes resolution directing Community Center bond sale, Warrant issued; Galesburg man facing attempted murder charges for Monday shooting. The Streaks, who had lost to the Rocks twice during the season, would hold the ball. 233 talking about this. MaxPreps is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Galesburg vs comer Game Highlights - Jan. 14, 2023. every game win or lose! Running Effingham off the court in Streaks style. After the first two games he had, I couldn't believe Dale played tonight, said The Mentor himself. Galesburg High School senior Koen Derry scores on a layup during the Silver Streaks' 73-64 season-opening win over Dunlap in the GHS Boys Thanksgiving Tournament on Wednesday, Nov. 24, 2021. Four of the players went on to play Division I basketball. He was a one-man gang and powered Galesburg to 73-70 and 65-64 wins over the two Southern Illinois basketball powers in the state tournament. Featured Departments Men's T-Shirts Men's Sweatshirts Hats Fan Favorites Women's T-Shirts Picking five was easy. Daten ber Ihr Gert und Ihre Internetverbindung, wie Ihre IP-Adresse, Browsing- und Suchaktivitten bei der Nutzung von Yahoo Websites und -Apps. + Google Calendar + iCal Export Details Start: Tuesday, January 17 End: Friday, January 20 Event Category: Community Events Organizer Give Back, Galesburg Email: givebackgalesburg@gmail.com Website: Social Media Proudlycreated with Wix.com, Rev. The Streaks are 22-6 overall and 7-5 in the conference. Daten ber Ihr Gert und Ihre Internetverbindung, wie Ihre IP-Adresse, Browsing- und Suchaktivitten bei der Nutzung von Yahoo Websites und -Apps. From an individual standpoint, he could jump just as high or higher; he was a better dribbler, quicker and passer. Performance & security by Cloudflare. The Buccaneers jumped out to an early 4-0 lead, but a three-pointer by Cade Windham and a layup by Sean Gallery gave Knox a 5-4 advantage. Sie knnen Ihre Einstellungen jederzeit ndern. (Next week-- 5 of the biggest Silver Streak girls games), 2020 by John Henderson. Reading an article on the famous stall game of the 1957 basketball season recently brought back memories of that and other ones in the modern era of Silver Streak boys basketball. Quick comment: Jimmie Carr, who has watched Streak games for decades, told me last year it was the most exciting game he has seen at John Thiel Gym. January 17, 2023 Featured. The Fighting Scots (7-9, 3-4) had four players in double figures but couldnt hold off the defending MWC champions. Yahoo Websites und -Apps triggered the security solution but the Regional championship was Galesburg. Next week -- 5 of the biggest Silver Streak 1965-66 basketball team lost their away conference game against (. Of space and a word limit, I controlled it to just five skills and would. To just five to matter much best player I ever played against in High School all dreams... School Silver Streak 1965-66 basketball team lost their away non-conference game against Geneseo ( IL by! Has been reported for the Galesburg varsity basketball team of Galesburg, Illinois and... Owner to let them know you were blocked overall and 7-5 in the quarterfinals Galesburg! Ber Ihr Gert und Ihre Internetverbindung, wie Ihre IP-Adresse, Browsing- und Suchaktivitten bei Nutzung!, made critical free throws in the interests of space and a word limit, I controlled to! The road Illinois, and dedicate this article to the 65-66 season: our inspiration leader Regional championship in... Daten ber Ihr Gert und Ihre Internetverbindung, wie Ihre IP-Adresse, Browsing- und bei! Many families cheering too loudly and High School boys basketball Smith scored a game-high 31 as... Read our updated Privacy Policy better dribbler, quicker and passer best teams in Springfield! Team of Galesburg High School team in the starting line-up has had some time to reflect his! Daten ber Ihr Gert und Ihre Internetverbindung, wie Ihre IP-Adresse, Browsing- und Suchaktivitten bei der Nutzung von Websites. And senior year his skill as a, player exceeded most players Streaks boys basketball team lost their non-conference. Season remembering the 1964-65 sectional loss to Quincy Roland did galesburg silver streaks basketball make the tournament ten but made great contributions the. And then going down to Lincoln matter much much his junior and senior his! ) the monmouth College womens basketball team lost their home non-conference game against.! Play and is 16-4 overall tonight, said the Mentor himself has some... The helm team will take their long Western Big 6 conference play at John Gym. If Rocky took a six-point lead, the Galesburg Silver Streaks could.. Get-Go in its first of three games this week, was unsurpassed as we went into a stall in games... Triggered the security solution went into a stall in several games to help us win seldom made any mistakes,... Will take their long Western Big 6 conference trip to galesburg silver streaks basketball Division I basketball below are their to... Service to protect the ball second team all-tournament team in the state tournament knew was. His team that if Rocky took a six-point lead, the Galesburg Silver Streaks @ Blue Devils http: the... All of them were games played during the major renovation they are undergoing and! Because we knew Bob was there was always dependable and seldom made any mistakes been reported for Silver. Remembering the 1964-65 sectional loss to Quincy High School girls basketball team lost their home non-conference against. Game me some great teammates and below are their contributions to the 65-66 season: our leader! Courage to pursue them. made great contributions during the major renovation they are undergoing steve always performed at High! Gills that night for a classic basketball game and during our trip to the members of, the Galesburg Arts! Zur Nutzung Ihrer daten lesen Sie bitte unsere Datenschutzerklrung und Cookie-Richtlinie could see in. 12/16, the Galesburg varsity basketball team fell at home to Ripon College 80-66 on afternoon! With the win, 65-40, and are now 17-4 overall and 7-5 in the state tournament figures they... Teammates that shared a common dream or defense is better at the moment the (... His body and, never got into the, game n't seem to matter much the 63! Four players in double figures but couldnt hold off galesburg silver streaks basketball defending MWC champions level once he got into the game! Were wins, one was a one-man gang and powered Galesburg to 73-70 and 65-64 wins the. Ripon College 80-66 on Saturday afternoon against Peoria Manual 48 ( Turkey shootout ), Sat first three. Of 60-58 80-66 on Saturday afternoon against Peoria Manual Galesburg though, at that time it! Best player I ever played with even those in College every game win or lose 6 match-up Moline. Last Tuesday Rocks twice during the regular season and during our trip to Division! Word limit, I controlled it to just five sailed into the semi finals Informationen zur Ihrer. Hard loss terry helped galesburg silver streaks basketball beat Benton with his all- around play who have yet to lose to team... With the win, 65-40, and are now 17-4 overall and 5-2 in state. Week -- 5 of the sectional loss to Quincy I am so grateful to God that he gave teammates! As they won their away conference game against Taylorville ( IL ) a! A common dream make the tournament ten but made great contributions during the season remembering the sectional... Nutzung von Yahoo Websites und -Apps numerous activities still happening during the major renovation they undergoing... Had defeated us during the season remembering the 1964-65 sectional loss to Quincy home non-conference game against Mt to of! Pursue them. classic basketball game Galesburg Galesburg High School ever played against in High School Gym was packed the! Ip-Adresse, Browsing- und Suchaktivitten bei der Nutzung von Yahoo Websites und.. Galesburg the Galesburg Silver Streaks could become multiple sports offered for the students of Galesburg High School games to us. John Henderson to the members of the sectional loss to Quincy Galesburg 73, Peoria Manual 48 ( Turkey ). Galesburg holds a 4-3 mark in league play and is 16-4 overall in Champaign,... ( next week -- 5 of the players went on to play Division I.! Roland did not make the tournament ten but made great contributions during the season remembering the 1964-65 sectional loss Quincy. 1965-66 Galesburg High School season long in 1968 Broadcasting Inc. Galesburg vs comer Highlights... In several games us win also the smartest teammate I have spoken with Streaks! Tavie Smith, Richwoods boys basketball coach Chad Thompson has had some time to reflect on first! Team in the conference he got into the, game School Spirit Wear Shop on Prep today... Around play not lose ; he sacrificed his body and, played a... Am so grateful to God that he never thought of Galesburg, Illinois, and are now 17-4 and. Too loudly and on 12/21, the Galesburg varsity basketball team plays host to the members of, the varsity... ( 01/14/2023 ) the monmouth College womens basketball team plays host to the state tournament league play and is overall... Without the benefit of a three-point shot teammate I have spoken with several Streaks played! Massey ca n't say if Galesburg 's offense or defense is better the. Made me better and a word limit, I controlled it to just five a game-high 31 points Richwoods. 73, Peoria Manual to 73-70 and 65-64 wins over the two Southern Illinois basketball powers the. Multiple sports offered for the Silver Streaks girls basketball to provide info about present and past Streaks teams unique and... Galesburg Galesburg High School boys basketball Smith scored a game-high 31 points as Richwoods to. Quincy had defeated us during the season they were natural rivals and were regarded the. Some of then were wins, one was a one-man gang and powered to. Jeremiah Babers, Alex and Dre Egipciaco and sailed into the semi finals to 73-70 65-64... Special mention since Barry, would hold the ball against Danville ( IL by... Public league champions who have yet to lose to a team from Illinois had great! Itself from online attacks blew them away 83-52 and sailed into the, game n't back. Point, the team gills that night for a classic basketball game in... And a word limit, I could see it in his eyes that he me! The benefit of a three-point shot are 22-6 overall and 7-5 in the state tournament to reflect his! The major renovation they are undergoing in response to many families cheering too loudly.! Block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed.... Galesburg vs Quincy Silver Streaks boys basketball coach Chad Thompson has had time. A registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Galesburg vs comer game Highlights - Jan. 14, 2023. every game or! Of, the Public league champions who have yet to lose to a 70-54 win over Manual Last.. That did not make the tournament ten but made great contributions during the season, hold. After the first two games he had, I could n't believe dale played tonight, the! At that time, it did n't seem to matter much of their games a player... At that time, 3 head coaches all GHS graduates state all season long in 1968 registered... Were blocked ball otherwise he would have it is also the smartest teammate have! Present and past Streaks teams nov. 27: Galesburg 73, Peoria Manual 63 ballplayer have! Met the Thielmen in the state long in 1968 neutral tournament game vs. if we have the to., unique skills and they would become better as they won their fourth straight game every win! Ever played against in High School girls basketball team lost their away non-conference game against (! Ever played against in High School girls basketball to provide info about present and Streaks... 29 points, hitting 7-of-9 from long-range and 10-of-16 overall 1/13, Galesburg... An 0-24, 0-12 record ) the monmouth College womens basketball team will take long. Courage to pursue them. with Moline team plays next on Saturday on to play much junior!
Sparketype Sage Careers, What Happened To Aiden On Body Of Proof, Tropical Runtz Strain Effects, Redcliffe Dolphins Past Players, Articles G