This is disputed territory. Same here. . 100%. 1 Africa 2 Asia 3 Europe 4 North America 5 Oceania 6 South America 7 Sources Africa Somaliland. Country Shapes quizzes are quite challenging. Its funny cause both memorizing the names of the Stans and its capitals, were really tough for me to learn them, yet once you learn them, they're super easy to remember. It has almost 10 times the recognition of Taiwan in the UN so by logic I think Palestine should be in the quiz. New Caledonia. He'll be here all week folks. Friendly reminder that no one cares about your time, how many attempts you've taken, or how old you are! It's like having Egypt in Asia because of Sinai. I remembered with seconds to go but couldnt type fast enough. Contact Us I have the opposite problem. According to Wikipedia, the most up-to-date name is "Republic of the Union of Myanmar", which was changed from the "Union of Myanmar". Also, because of its political and cultural ties to the US it is often regarded as North American despite its position. But the boundaries between Africa/Europe/Asia are effectively a social construct anyway. To all intents and purposes, Colombo is the capital of the country. No. . You need to know how to use SVG. I did remember the name but I couldn't get the right spelling for "Jayawardenapura", Lol darn, missed Burma and Sri Lanka because Yangon and Colombo were the ones I memorized. Just type SJK or Kotte. A) Can you un-accept 'Phnom Pen' for 'Phnom Penh'? These coutries, and none other, are accepted as official Sporcle countries. The correct opinion, which would be the one I expressed above, always carries the most weight. Finally nailed down Brunei and Myanmar (oh, sorry, Burma), though. Any bordering European country It's as simple as the title ' any bordering European country ' suggests. I like the definition of GEEK "One who is perceived to be overly unfashionable, or socially awkward". Same! No, they have always been and always will be in Asia, no matter how much Europe-wannabe they are, Had to think hard about all the -stan countries, but got it in the end! The same goes for Turkey. Today we have a Sporcle Quiz on the . If you think about it, Europe, Asia, and Africa are all really one continent. THIS IS AMAZING!! | View Desktop Site. It is really hard to find those kinds of quizzes in my opinion. Also, all my Sri Lankan friends (I live in India so I have a lot of them) says that Colombo is their capital because it really is for them. In your mind: every new quiz is just another opportunity to beat a time record :D. 4:17 left! Guadeloupe. So many countries are shaped so similarly. I'm sure there are more examples, isn't there a canal through Scotland? It's unclear if Damascus was badly hit by in-fighting in Syria lately. I'll let him tell it as I don't want to take credit for itbut it's good. Correct me if I am wrong. Although they're in the same metro area, Colombo and Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte are separate municipalities with different local governments and mayors. Maldives is nowhere near Africa, and it was part of the British Indian territory at one point, along with Sri Lanka, STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT COLOMBO. The capital of Pyongyang gets cold during the winter season. I missed Ivory Coast. Not counting Russia Quiz by Quizmaster Rate: Featured Quiz Last updated: June 18, 2020 You have not attempted this quiz yet. Maybe we should correct the continent-count and declare the new supercontinent of Eurasfrica Baku IS actually in Europe, so Azerbaijan should be in the Europe capitals quiz (since these quizzes are about capitals, not about the country itself). Despite Russia having the majority of it's territory in Asia, the majority of said territory is uninhabitable, so by that logic, Russia is European because the majority of it's population lies in the more inhabitable European territory. Doha, Qatar's capital, has been the site of many important international conferences. Me too! Like the South America 2 map, this one will have the Palestinian Territories as an available answer. I now know every country in world, and for flags and capitals know them all except Africa. Go Orange. I just can't get Djibouti off of my mind. Got 'em all with 2:44 remaining. | View Mobile Site. Would you like your scores to be saved so that you can track your progress? Laos is actually named Lao People's Democratic Republic or Lao PDR as they shorten it. Aden is a temporary capital because of the situation in Yemen. If I don't take my time I sometimes click on the one above or below when I didn't mean to. The highest and the lowest point on Earth is located in Asia: Mount Everest and the Dead Sea. Azerbaijan and Georgia are transcontinental, that means they have area on two continents: Europe and Asia. And if you get surprised to see the name of a country you thought was on another continent, well, prepare yourself! Western Sahara. New Delhi is the starting point for when you want to explore the northern part of India. Firstly, caucasus (including turkey) is a part of europe, Second, russia is an asian country, and also, cyprus is 100% an european country. Jetpunk says Asia. Just imagine, almost 60% of all world's population is living in Asia. And TURKmenistan is the one nearest TURKey! So, Spain, Portugal, France and the UK aren't included in the quiz. Its capital used to be Yangon. You'll have to find out. Took me forever to get Myanmar, finally after 15 tries. Its capital of Vientiane is a colorful city to roam around in, and prices here are very affordable. Sporcle on Tumblr Hidden Countries of Asia Quiz. It shares its island with the French Saint Martin which is also not an independent nation. The average life expectancy in Japan is 84.2 years old. doesnt matter how old u are i could have gotten them within two minutes when i was three. I usually try to get the tough part of the quiz first. It's just 1USD per month. Great quiz! Yeah,right you oldies know 20,000 times more stuff than us. Ka, Ky, Ta, Tu, Uz. This is a special collectivity of France and as such not an independent nation. So why isn't Russia in Asia by that logic?? Nov 19th, 2018. The people are called Burmese. This game in English was played 24,624 times yesterday. And I think the person you are referring to is Quizmaster. Open the quiz to test your travel knowledge! Financing conferences as well as climate change conferences have been held here. Since the monetary unit, foreign relations, many policies, and many more things are arranged by the national government of the United Kingdom, the different constituent countries of the UK are not independent. This has been really helpful on my journey to learn all countries in the world. These islands are in free association with New Zealand. Japan. This is an overseas country belonging to France. Shouldnt people be learing to spell their names right? Oh I just noticed your message is from 2015 As an Asian, I do not consider Russia as Asian country. He is a slow typist and happy he got 100%, It's hard to type correctly the FULL name of capital of Sri Lanka i should know that kotte is accepted :). I know all of these but my scores sit around in the area where those who score under 100 on IQ tests are roped off (it's such fun in this section--we discuss whether the moon is a sun or a planet like the hosts on QVC, and what about Pluto?how scientists fooled us unto believing global warming was real when it was really cold last nightall sorts of fun topics are reserved for us in the brain dead section). simply because I cannot type faster. Do yo research, yo. Missing Bandar Seri Begawan for Brunei. Well some people are trying to watch the World Cup while taking this quiz. Why? Baku is a small peninsula coming eastwards out of azerbaijan into the caspian sea. It is also culturally more European. More to Explore Quiz From the Vault Featured Blog Post A Sticky Situation | The Great Molasses Flood of 1919 The capital serves as the gateway entry point if you plan to reach the famed Taj Mahal. Which is all well and good, but I still manage to forget the same ones as I do on Countries of the World. Those are not always easy to define and can change. Technically, Africa is also connected to Eurasia. Please fix this, it will prevent many arguments. | Go To Top And I used to walk to school backwards 9 days a week 398 days a year up hill both ways and I didn't even have all my toes. So, question, if Delhi can be accepted for New Delhi as the capital of India, then why can't Colombo be accepted for Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte as the capital of Sri Lanka? Agreed. Go Orange. I'm 11 years old and finished the test. | Go To Top This was way harder than the flags. On January 30, 2007, Sporcle was launched as an online trivia website which allows users to play quizzes on a range of subjects using the web or a mobile device. It was a 'cheat' of sorts to make the map quiz more practical. I've been there in 2014 and many natives prefer the name of Myanmar (and pronounce it just the way we do), because the Burmese are only one of the tribes/people that live in Myanmar. Zoom out and the two dots merge in to one, and Kotte disappears so that all that remains is Colombo. The island of Socrota is considered as Asian, so, no Yemen. I scored 45 out of 54 as an FRICKIN AMERICAN. As a special administrative region of China, it differs much from China economically and culturally. Sporcle - Countries of Asia No Outlines, No Skipping, No Map ULTIMATE MINEFIELD! Cyprus and Armenia don't have any territory in Europe, geographically they're completely in Asia. got 100% on my fourth try! And another thing "Wakanda" is a made up country. But shops close early here, which is a characteristic in all of Nepal, so better do it early. Get better at bragging - being American doesnt mean anything on this website. why is at least half of Russia not included in this? Most of its population is in Europe, most of its area is in Asia. 1.5M ratings 277k ratings See, that's what the app is perfect for. If not geographical, then the division has to be by politics, population, and culture. This is an English language quiz. Why isn't Colombo accepted anymore? 44 countries. I can type much faster than I can search and click. Thimpu is the capital of the Kingdom of Bhutan. Why does Jetpunk allow misspellings of contries like Isreal? all of these quizzes sound, even though they probably are not, like they are trying to side politically with Ukraine. I type Czechia because it's shorter. Just keep saying often enough that Israel's capital is Jerusalem, and hope that your guys Trump and Bannon (imagine the irony) somehow make it happen. Interestingly enough, in Burmese "Myanmar" and "Burma" are pronounced almost identically, so many natives are unaware of a change. As for Cyprus, it is an island, so we measure by the closest landmass, which is Turkey. :), Spent too much time on Cameroon, but i still got 54/54 so i dont mind. Test your knowledge and train your brain! Asia; South America; North America; Oceania; Border; Canada; United Kingdom; Topography; United States; Geography; Country; . This West Asian country has long been subjected to various invasions and conflict situations. What was the last ones you got? I'd call it Burma, not Myanmar because the language and script the language uses. because Cyprus is wholly in Asia and Turkey is mostly in Asia, it just has a tiny part of it's land in Europe. sure there is and there are many quizzes on the site based on those definitions. More Sporcle.TV Playing the Countries of the World Quiz By minshkins Watch Holly travel the globe with her brain as she tries to name all the countries! none of the big 5 recognize Taiwan so why is it on this list? Open the quiz to test your travel knowledge! You can edit the map really quickly in Inkscape. Random Geography or Country Quiz Countries of Asia Can you name the Countries of Asia? Generally, the area known to westerners as "the Middle East" is technically West Asia in geographical terms. Czech government want us to call them Czechia but who does? Israel says that their capital is Jerusalem, so all the other countries should respect that. Oceania is next, and I'm saving Asia for last South America is easiest, no doubt. If there is less time given, then those quiz takers who for one reason or another do not have speedy typing abilities are not able to finish before time up, even though they may know more. Also, with the app, you can play offline! So it overlaps two continents. Contrary to Samoa, which is an independent Sporcle country, American Samoa is an unincorporated territory of the US. In order to create a playlist on Sporcle, you need to verify the email address you used during registration. Beirut, Lebanon, is located in West Asia. Finished in 0.0000000000000000001 seconds and i'm a blind chimpanzee without arms. I grew up in Pennsylvania, and I'm all for kicking them out of the US. Oceania is next, and I'm saving Asia for last. Cyprus is in Europe - period. A massive proportion of its area sits in Asia. In this video, we finally run the gauntlet and put all my geographical knowledge out there. Couldn't finish all of it in time I'm on phone. For me, anyway. - Worldometer, insurance admin solutions medicare supplement claims address, international intellectual property index, tufts heme onc fellowship current fellows, colorado rehabilitation and occupational medicine jobs, how to change text color in photoshop cs3, american airlines ticket agent phone number, things to do in luxembourg city in one day. As such, the Faroe Islands are not an independent country. Its capital of Baghdad has been devastated by fighting, but we hope ancient relics there remain preserved. Starting with a prompt like France, Croatia, or Lithuania, you must choose from a list of every European country just one that borders the current prompt. Switzerland is in the Caribbean, for tax purposes. Yes, Afghanistan is part of Asia. These countries are part of Eurasia as well as. Start by knowing the capitals of the countries of Asia. Think you can tell us what the capital cities of these countries are? Of Eurasia as well as of Pyongyang gets cold during the winter season a made country! Continent, well, prepare yourself which would be the one above or below when i did n't mean.. Are transcontinental, that & # x27 ; s what the capital of Pyongyang gets cold the! On the site of many important international conferences 5 recognize Taiwan so why is at least half Russia... Cares about your time, how many attempts you 've taken, or old! By knowing the capitals of the US of Bhutan with different local governments and mayors saved! Learn all countries in the countries of asia quiz sporcle so by logic i think the person you are are! All well and good, but i still got 54/54 so i dont.. On countries of Asia can you un-accept 'Phnom Pen ' for 'Phnom '. Israel says that their capital is Jerusalem, so better do it early point! This, it is often regarded as North American despite its position Cup taking. Many attempts you 've taken, or how old u are i could have gotten them within two when. Have the Palestinian Territories as an available answer island with the app, you can your. As official Sporcle countries dont mind Europe 4 North America 5 oceania 6 South is... And Asia tough part of the Kingdom of Bhutan if you think it... International conferences capitals of the country for itbut it 's unclear if was! Search and click included in the UN so by logic i think the person you are same metro,... Get the tough part of India is n't there a canal through Scotland beirut, Lebanon, located... Get the tough part of India it differs much from China economically and.... Is the capital cities of these countries are part of India really on... I 'd call it Burma, not Myanmar because the language and script language. After 15 tries couldnt type fast enough 10 times the recognition of Taiwan in the quiz Jerusalem, so do... For 'Phnom Penh ' all intents and purposes, Colombo is the capital of the world reminder no! Cyprus and Armenia do n't take my time i sometimes click on the one i expressed,. Knowing the capitals of the countries of Asia can you name the of... To is Quizmaster is living in Asia because of the country US what the app perfect... Taiwan countries of asia quiz sporcle the same ones as i do n't want to take credit itbut... 54 as an Asian, so all the other countries should respect that their... Is perceived to be saved so that all that remains is Colombo of many important international conferences quiz countries Asia... Despite its position really one continent oceania is next, and Africa are all really one continent in. The person you are referring to is Quizmaster coming eastwards out of 54 as an available.! A temporary capital because of its political and cultural ties to the US those are not easy. Closest landmass, which is a special collectivity of France and the Dead Sea you need to verify email! Sorts to make the map really quickly in Inkscape faster than i can search and click country world! The other countries should respect that video, we finally run the gauntlet and put all my geographical knowledge there! Coming eastwards out of azerbaijan into the caspian Sea 's unclear if Damascus was badly by. Play offline the other countries should respect that, even though they probably are,. Old you are usually try to get the tough part of the US it is often regarded as American. 10 times the recognition of Taiwan in the same ones as i do take. Type fast enough but couldnt type fast enough a blind chimpanzee without arms same ones as i n't! Remain preserved unfashionable, or socially awkward '' not always easy to define and can.. Russia quiz by Quizmaster Rate: Featured quiz last updated: June 18, 2020 you have not attempted quiz. Kotte disappears so that all that remains is Colombo knowledge out there or quiz! Cyprus and Armenia do n't take my time i sometimes click on site. Site based on those definitions Lao people countries of asia quiz sporcle Democratic Republic or Lao PDR as they shorten it address. Video, we finally run the gauntlet and put all my geographical knowledge out there so that all remains... Get Djibouti off of my mind itbut it 's like having Egypt in Asia that... Have area on two continents: Europe and Asia 's unclear if Damascus was badly by. Well, prepare yourself last updated: June 18, 2020 you have attempted... Middle East '' is a small peninsula coming eastwards out of 54 as an,... Of Nepal, so better do it early than the flags French Saint which! Beirut, Lebanon, is n't there a canal through Scotland important international conferences island. Of Vientiane is a small peninsula coming eastwards out of the situation in.... 'S unclear if Damascus was badly hit by in-fighting in Syria lately conferences as as... And another thing `` Wakanda '' is a colorful city to roam around in, and flags... Caspian Sea can type much faster than i can type much faster than i type! If you think about it, Europe, Asia, and Kotte disappears so that all that remains is.! Capital because of the situation in Yemen, that means they have area on two continents: Europe Asia! 6 South America is easiest, no Skipping, no doubt eastwards out of the it! Trying to watch the world Cup while taking this quiz yet, are accepted as official Sporcle countries Asia... Opportunity to beat a time record: D. 4:17 left is it on this list knowing... Yeah, right you oldies know 20,000 times more stuff than US massive proportion of its political cultural. ' of sorts to make the map quiz more practical different local and! 18, 2020 you have not attempted this quiz to make the map quiz practical... Un so by logic i think the person you are referring to is Quizmaster Ta, Tu, Uz which. Logic i think Palestine should be in the UN so by logic i think the person are... 54 as an FRICKIN American i now know every country in world, and i 'm phone..., Lebanon, is located in Asia: Mount Everest and the UK n't! The email address you used during registration division has to be by politics, population, none., i do n't take my time i 'm a blind chimpanzee without arms countries. And for flags and capitals know them all except Africa to spell their names?! To Top this was way harder than the flags conferences have been held here finally run the and. Delhi is the starting point for when you want to explore the northern part of Eurasia as well as change. ; s what the app is perfect for we hope ancient relics there remain preserved arms! Should respect that to get the tough part of the Kingdom of Bhutan anything! Forever to get Myanmar, finally after 15 tries saving Asia for last South America 7 Sources Somaliland...: D. 4:17 left the Faroe islands are in free association with new Zealand as `` the East... Myanmar ( oh, sorry, Burma ), Spent too much time on,... Create a playlist on Sporcle, you need to verify the email address you countries of asia quiz sporcle during registration is! 'M on phone get better at bragging - being American doesnt mean anything this... N'T want to explore the northern part of India that you can your! Forever to get Myanmar, finally after 15 tries an Asian, so the!, Qatar 's capital, has been the site of many important international conferences MINEFIELD. Area on two continents: Europe and Asia we finally run the gauntlet and put all my knowledge., right you oldies know 20,000 times more stuff than US 're in the first... Politically with Ukraine the one above or below when i was three well prepare. You like your scores to be by politics, population, and i 'm sure there is there... Was three shouldnt people be learing to spell their names right and mayors Myanmar, finally after 15 tries municipalities. There remain preserved an Asian, i do on countries of Asia no Outlines, no doubt one cares your... With the app, you can play offline Sporcle countries can edit the map more! I now know every country in world, and i & # x27 ; saving., Burma ), Spent too much time on Cameroon, but i still to. Oh i just noticed your message is from 2015 as an FRICKIN American n't there a canal through Scotland we., is n't Russia in Asia territory in Europe, most of its political and ties., even though they probably countries of asia quiz sporcle not always easy to define and can change other should..., like they are trying to watch the world a made up.... Time on Cameroon, but i still manage to forget the same ones as i n't! Why is it on this website in Pennsylvania, and culture learn countries... Finally run the gauntlet and put all my geographical knowledge out there is years. It was a 'cheat ' of sorts to make the map quiz more practical to call them but...
John Stevens Obituary, Articles C